Massive use of chemical weapons in Syria, 1,429 killed including 426 children

Started by jimmy olsen, August 21, 2013, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on August 26, 2013, 05:32:54 AM
Yeah this grand outrage of the press, taken over by Tim feels dishonest. Assad has been artyllering his own people for who knows how many months and nobody cared to act. It seemed like the western powers feel they missd the mark an now using this gas excuse to pretend they haven't and are actually intervening at JUST THE RIGHT TIME.

Non-proliferation and opposition to the use of such weapons is an established international norm, not conventional weaponry.  Silly person.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 25, 2013, 11:44:12 PM
Sure, it would've given them an excuse to go after the last 3 or 4 Jews left.

Actually they might already be dead. Somebody (read Al-Qaeda) went and torched the residential/synagogue complex that the remaining 22 damascus jews were living in.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 25, 2013, 11:16:09 PM
You pussies.  You fucking people never do anything in moderation.  Please see:  20th century, entire goddamned history of
personally I prefer a passive Germany. When they get aggressive they become... Troublesome.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Now if the Sarin was made out of beet extract, tamas would be all for intervention.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Who could have ordered such a thing! :o

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/26/20192545-un-weapons-inspectors-car-deliberately-shot-at-multiple-times-by-snipers-in-syria?lite

QuoteA car carrying United Nations inspectors was shot at "multiple times" by snipers Monday as it headed to the scene of a suspected chemical weapons attack that allegedly killed hundreds of Syrians, the UN said.

In a statement, the spokesman for UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said the vehicle had been forced to return to a government checkpoint after being "deliberately" targeted while driving in Damascus.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on August 26, 2013, 08:04:31 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 25, 2013, 11:16:09 PM
You pussies.  You fucking people never do anything in moderation.  Please see:  20th century, entire goddamned history of
personally I prefer a passive Germany. When they get aggressive they become... Troublesome.

It would've been interesting to see the Warsaw Pact attack NATO, only to watch the Germans do the knee-jerk instinctive thing and invade France.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on August 26, 2013, 07:28:02 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 25, 2013, 11:44:12 PM
Sure, it would've given them an excuse to go after the last 3 or 4 Jews left.

Actually they might already be dead. Somebody (read Al-Qaeda) went and torched the residential/synagogue complex that the remaining 22 damascus jews were living in.

Seems like you guys have something in common.  They want to eradicate only one less religion then you do!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 26, 2013, 08:48:52 AM
It would've been interesting to see the Warsaw Pact attack NATO, only to watch the Germans do the knee-jerk instinctive thing and invade France.

It's a fighting retreat!  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 25, 2013, 04:38:55 PM
The regime's so far killed around 100 000 people.

that woudl be bizarre as the total count is about that number. Unless you're trying to say that the rebels haven't got rivers of blood on their hands.
The west needs to get it in its head that an Assad -sucky as it may be- is better than a bunch of islamotards in power. And islamotards in power is what we'll have if Assad falls.
Thinking otherwise is, imho, foolish. Criminally so even.

citizen k

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 26, 2013, 12:45:13 PM

that woudl be bizarre as the total count is about that number. Unless you're trying to say that the rebels haven't got rivers of blood on their hands.
The west needs to get it in its head that an Assad -sucky as it may be- is better than a bunch of islamotards in power. And islamotards in power is what we'll have if Assad falls.

Those 100,000 wouldn't be dead if the regime hadn't escalated the situation from protest movement to armed rebellion.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: citizen k on August 26, 2013, 01:02:32 PM

Those 100,000 wouldn't be dead if the regime hadn't escalated the situation from protest movement to armed rebellion.
blood under the bridge. We're now dealing with fundamentalists that are worse than the regime

Barrister

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 26, 2013, 01:59:36 PM

blood under the bridge. We're now dealing with fundamentalists that are worse than the regime

:huh:

Assad's regime is not secular.  He's being propped up by the Iranians and Hezbollah.  Those two are about as bad as any other fundamentalists you can find.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Barrister on August 26, 2013, 02:09:49 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 26, 2013, 01:59:36 PM

:huh:

Assad's regime is not secular.  He's being propped up by the Iranians and Hezbollah.  Those two are about as bad as any other fundamentalists you can find.

didn't claim he was secular but his regime seems miles above anything the salafist and brotherhood crap offers
we'll see after the salafist start culling the christians.