And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Earth Overshoot Day!

Started by CountDeMoney, August 20, 2013, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 20, 2013, 10:10:13 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2013, 10:01:43 AM
I'm just trying to imagine Canadian kitchen waste.

Half eaten poutine, a bucket of pucks, shredded Canadian Tire money and a flannel shirt with moose blood on it

Nonsense, that shirt can just be washed and worn again.

Or not cleaned and worn with pride! :swiss:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

So the suggestion is that we only have enough carriage capacity for 34 out of 52 people on Earth?

I like those odds, especially since we're the ones with the means to redress the balance.  I look forward to International Launch Day. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ideologue on August 20, 2013, 11:27:29 AM
So the suggestion is that we only have enough carriage capacity for 34 out of 52 people on Earth?

I like those odds, especially since we're the ones with the means to redress the balance.  I look forward to International Launch Day. :)

That was on TV last night, how we could build a ship and send the last survivors of earth to find another planet.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

I guess that kind of launch is an option too. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)