News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Boobs Ramen

Started by Jacob, August 19, 2013, 02:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2013, 04:32:46 PMWhile you can have a pleasant tete-a-tete with yourself about how you agree with yourself.

That makes no sense. You're the one posting about your agreement; I just posted a pointless link and declined to discuss it further.

QuoteYou have really turned into a crank in the last couple months Yake.

This again? I think this is the third time in 2013 you've busted out the "you're being uncharacteristically mean." I haven't changed my posting style; I think it's much more likely that you've grown more thin skinned.

Look - I like you so I'll tell you how it is: I'm not going to get involved in some bullshit "let's examine your motives" and engage with Lettowian faff about Japanese society and its interaction with the wider world; I'm especially not going to do so over a completely inconsequential and silly blog post about boobs.

The answer to any attempt to get me to engage in that is going to be "fuck off" no matter what mood I'm :)

I think the problem is that you have this image of me as being a kinder gentler and more polite poster than I actually am. I may have aspired to glowing-ball-of-light-Euro-reasonableness in all things back in 2001 on EUOT, but that was more than a decade ago. I haven't been that poster for years and years Yi; I've changed. And you've only just noticed :(

Barrister

It's true - Jacob has alternated between euro-PC-ball of light, and passive-aggressive asshole, for years now. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Hmmmm. My pickle was not tickled.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on August 19, 2013, 04:56:28 PM
It's true - Jacob has alternated between euro-PC-ball of light, and passive-aggressive asshole, for years now. :hug:

I thought I was mostly aggressive-aggressive when being an asshole :huh:

But other than that, yeah :)

The Brain

He probably has personal problems that make him act like an asshole on the internet. I know I do.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on August 19, 2013, 05:07:06 PM
He probably has personal problems that make him act like an asshole on the internet. I know I do.

If only he could develop some basic self confidence and stopped basing his identity on his subgroup. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on August 19, 2013, 05:04:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 19, 2013, 04:56:28 PM

I thought I was mostly aggressive-aggressive when being an asshole :huh:

But other than that, yeah :)

Nah.  Aggressive-aggressive is more CdM's style - think more dead fetuses and f-bombs.

You have a unique way of being an asshole  with backhanded compliments and keeping a smile on your face.

Not at all meant as a critique, just an observation.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Boobs Ramen.  What a great Dick Tracy character name that could've been.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on August 19, 2013, 05:09:46 PMNah.  Aggressive-aggressive is more CdM's style - think more dead fetuses and f-bombs.

You have a unique way of being an asshole  with backhanded compliments and keeping a smile on your face.

Not at all meant as a critique, just an observation.   :)

I'll definitely cop to that :)

Not sure if I'd call that passive aggressive as that has a different connotation to me, but whatever.

The downside is that sometimes when my intentions are entirely innocuous and friendly, people still assume that I'm being a jerk; so I'm likely (a little bit) less of an asshole than people on languish might think due to my posting.

Razgovory

Jaike, I'd like to say I have no problem with you bringing this to our attention.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on August 19, 2013, 06:23:17 PM
The downside is that sometimes when my intentions are entirely innocuous and friendly, people still assume that I'm being a jerk; so I'm likely (a little bit) less of an asshole than people on languish might think due to my posting.

It's what happens when you're branded with a sensitive ponytail, Mr. Patchouli Stink.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2013, 06:26:19 PMIt's what happens when you're branded with a sensitive ponytail, Mr. Patchouli Stink.

:unsure:

What do you mean?