News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Presenting the Losers

Started by Syt, August 21, 2013, 04:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2013, 04:29:00 PM
It is reasonable, but totally overshadowed by the fact that airlines used to have hard caps on age and explicitly hired for looks, both of which got legislated away.

Which is a good thing, it's fucked up to believe otherwise.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

:huh: Who cares what they look like?  Give me my damn peanuts and Biscoff crackers, bitch.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on August 22, 2013, 07:09:11 AM
:huh: Who cares what they look like?  Give me my damn peanuts and Biscoff crackers, bitch.
:yes: Seriously.  You can't have sex with them, you can't even masturbate while looking at them without getting a long and threatening lecture, so what exactly is the point of having stewardesses all at 10?

Eddie Teach

Take pictures with your phone and wait until you get to the hotel.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on August 22, 2013, 04:55:04 AM
Did any of you see Pan Am, which was basically about air stewardesses in the early 60s? Not surprised, it was crap. But the first episode showed them turning up for regular weighing, measuring and grooming inspections. The actresses had to wear longline bras and girdles to get the right shape and posture.

Yeah, saw the first two or so episodes.  Only moderate whacking material.

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on August 21, 2013, 04:51:29 PM
According to friends of mine who working in tourism, being part of the cabin crew (pilots + hostesses) is absolute poison for stable relationships. All the older pilots they knew were in their 3rd or 4th marriages, and pilots and hostesses bed each other like crazy.

I can imagine.  The couple we know (as well as a couple ex-ComAir people I know) worked in administrative/management type jobs rather than in the flight crew, but they've told similar stories.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

What, pilots have egos big enough to have libidos like bunny wabbits?  Shocking.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2013, 08:22:39 AMWhat, pilots have egos big enough to have libidos like bunny wabbits?  Shocking.

According to my friends, both quite attractive women, pilots will hit on anything with two X cromosomes that they encounter.

Zanza

Quote from: The Larch on August 22, 2013, 09:23:16 AM
According to my friends, both quite attractive women, pilots will hit on anything with two X cromosomes that they encounter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter_syndrome

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on August 22, 2013, 07:30:52 AM
:yes: Seriously.  You can't have sex with them, you can't even masturbate while looking at them without getting a long and threatening lecture, so what exactly is the point of having stewardesses all at 10?

You're on a trip someplace where you're staying at a hotel for the night, they are doing the same thing, in the same place as you. Everybody's looking for a good time. You get to see them and chat them up before they land and get off work for the evening. It's a logistical perfect storm.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 22, 2013, 02:06:37 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 22, 2013, 07:30:52 AM

You're on a trip someplace where you're staying at a hotel for the night, they are doing the same thing, in the same place as you. Everybody's looking for a good time. You get to see them and chat them up before they land and get off work for the evening. It's a logistical perfect storm.

That would require DGuller to be charming and sexy.  That is a rather tall order.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I do.  Everything in life is better with hott chicks.

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 22, 2013, 02:06:37 PM

The Delta flight crew for Bengals charter flights are fun to hang with.  No hanky panky, of course.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall