News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Presenting the Losers

Started by Syt, August 21, 2013, 04:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

The 70s were a different age ... :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Camerus

:lol:

Many of my Chinese friends have asked me the question....  "So, why are flight attendants on Air Canada so old?"

jimmy olsen

Yeah, being a flight attendant in Asia is still seen as relatively prestigious. I have some very intelligent students who want to be one.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

The way things should be (tm).
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

There was a male flight attendant I saw on a couple Southwest flights out of BWI, I think he was using the job to launch his Broadway show tunes career.  Definitely heavy on the glitter dust.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 05:59:42 AM
There was a male flight attendant I saw on a couple Southwest flights out of BWI, I think he was using the job to launch his Broadway show tunes career.  Definitely heavy on the glitter dust.

I've noticed those tended to be the better ones.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Motherfucker refilled my Pepsi with a motherfucking smile.

derspiess

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on August 21, 2013, 05:21:23 AM
:lol:

Many of my Chinese friends have asked me the question....  "So, why are flight attendants on Air Canada so old?"

I've never been on an Asian airline, but during a layover in Seattle I saw a group of Air China (?) stewardesses board their flight.  All I can say is: Ho Lee Fuk  :cool: :thumbsup:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

I've flown on Korean Air, JAL, Air France, and the Dutch airlines who's name escapes me, and I've never seen flight attendents as old and ugly as American ones.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2013, 11:13:33 AM
I've flown on Korean Air, JAL, Air France, and the Dutch airlines who's name escapes me, and I've never seen flight attendents as old and ugly as American ones.

The Dutch one = KLM (they've merged with Air France now, I believe, though they're still maintaining separate brands).

Air Canada stewardesses are like American ones - they're the older hosts who've managed to hang on through round after round of layoffs and downsizing (hi seedy!).

Air China (different from China Airlines, of course) and the various regional carriers with international aspiration (China Eastern, Sichuan Airlines, China Southern, Shanghai Airlines, etc) all tend towards young and pretty stewardesses. I think it's for a few reasons - first off, hiring young and pretty girls for service jobs is standard and accepted practice; secondly, as Timmy says, it's still fairly glamorous to be a stewardess in Asia.

DGuller

I actually get a little creeped out by ads for the Asian airlines where the stewardesses all look perfect and the same, and are eternally smiling.  I want an airline, not some cult.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on August 21, 2013, 11:26:07 AM
I actually get a little creeped out by ads for the Asian airlines where the stewardesses all look perfect and the same, and are eternally smiling.  I want an airline, not some cult.

Pretty goddamned cool to see in person, though :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

What are Russian and Ukrainian stewardesses like?

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on August 21, 2013, 11:28:45 AM

What are Russian and Ukrainian stewardesses like?
No idea.  I've never actually flown on a Russian or Ukrainian airline.

alfred russel

Alitalia seems to have not fully stepped into the modern western outlook on these things, although I'm sure they have on paper.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014