And we're back!

Main Menu

Pope on gays : "Who am I to judge?"

Started by garbon, July 29, 2013, 08:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 23, 2013, 09:09:44 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 20, 2013, 07:09:02 PM
.  Ironically, it's an illiberal mindset and human rights can be trampled and ideas banned if necessary to preserve the true freedom of "Free Thought".

Viking said that?
I think you pushed the point one step too far.

No, I described a position that Viking holds that has been popularized by Dawkins and Hitchens the other "new athiests".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

It is interesting to read the new second volume of Mark Twain's Autobiography, and his scathing-but-amusing send-ups of religion and magical thinking, and then come back here and read pretty much the exact opposite of his approach.

For Twain lovers who haven't gotten the second volume yet:  get it.  The idiot editor who pretty much ruined the first volume has been.... suppressed... for the second.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2013, 05:46:53 PM
.  Ironically, it's an illiberal mindset and human rights can be trampled and ideas banned if necessary to preserve the true freedom of "Free Thought".

Viking said that?

No, I described a position that Viking holds that has been popularized by Dawkins and Hitchens the other "new athiests".

No, you are either wrong or lying.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on September 24, 2013, 03:06:07 AM

How could you possibly know whether or not he is wrong about what positions you hold?  :huh:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

How could Grumbler possibly know what I wrote?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2013, 05:46:53 PM

Viking said that?

You aren't of the new Athiest persuasion?  I've seen you quote Dawkins and Dennot.

Viking

Quote from: grumbler on September 24, 2013, 06:09:17 AM

How could you possibly know whether or not he is wrong about what positions you hold?  :huh:

Because he said what he thought my positions were. He is either wrong about that, or he is lying when he says that.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on September 24, 2013, 07:00:10 AM
Quote from: grumbler on September 24, 2013, 06:09:17 AM

Because he said what he thought my positions were. He is either wrong about that, or he is lying when he says that.
Fix your sarcasmometer.

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Grumbler defending Raz? It's a miracle!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Ed Anger

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Ed Anger

Go back to fucking beets. It's what you are good at.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned