Man burns self in middle of National Mall today

Started by merithyn, October 04, 2013, 05:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Are they planning a candle light vigil in his honor?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

11B4V

One should not get too hot over the issues of the day.

11B4V

mongers

What was the name of the gentleman who set himself on fire outside the Pentagon in 65/66 and which so disturbed MacNamara ? 

iirc I've seen a film based on the build up to the incident. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on October 05, 2013, 07:37:38 PM
What was the name of the gentleman who set himself on fire outside the Pentagon in 65/66 and which so disturbed MacNamara ? 

iirc I've seen a film based on the build up to the incident.
Norman Morrison.  Quaker dude.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points