Spitzer and Weiner Lead in New Poll Because Scandal Brought Name Recognition

Started by garbon, July 16, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I hadn't heard anything about the race in a while. In the most recent poll de Blasio has 67% of the votes while Lhota has 23%. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2013, 10:16:37 AM
I hadn't heard anything about the race in a while. In the most recent poll de Blasio has 67% of the votes while Lhota has 23%. :(

both those names sound ethnic
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on October 13, 2013, 10:38:55 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2013, 10:16:37 AM

both those names sound ethnic
From wikipedia on Blasio - Hardly what NYC would consider exotic :rolleyes:

QuoteHis father had German ancestry, and his maternal grandparents, Giovanni and Anna, were Italian immigrants[3][4] from the city of Benevento
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Phillip V on November 05, 2013, 09:05:18 PM
Bill De Blasio Elected Mayor of New York, Exit Polls Show

No kidding - I saw thousands of refugees in Gucci loafers fleeing across the bridges this morning.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 06, 2013, 10:14:41 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 05, 2013, 09:05:18 PM
Bill De Blasio Elected Mayor of New York, Exit Polls Show

No kidding - I saw thousands of refugees in Gucci loafers fleeing across the bridges this morning.

I think now the strategy is just to contain and neutralize. I doubt anyone would be bothered to flee so quickly. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

:hmm:

I wonder what to think of de Blasio's "new" police commissioner. Someone who saw arrests soar when he previously helmed city as well as oversaw the expansion of stop and frisk in LA.

CountDeMoney

garbon

CountDeMoney