News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Panera to retool latest pay-what-you-can idea

Started by garbon, July 10, 2013, 09:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Fahdiz: I get a Veggie Max on white bread with spinach, onions, banana peppers, jalapenos, olives, regular mustard, spicy mustard, salt, pepper, and oregano, plus between three and twelve chocolate chip cookies, five days a week.

Sometimes the cookies make things a little less solid than one might prefer, but that is their Janus-like nature.

Perhaps you're eating the wheat bread?  If so, the error is your own. :(

Cal: Jimmy Johns blows.  They used to get that for us for dinner when they wanted us to stay late.  I wanted pizza, but all my loser coworkers wanted Jimmy Johns.  I don't get the love, or even the like.  Even their chips are crap.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2013, 08:20:32 PM
I'd like to hold Ide down and jam a Philly Cheesesteak down his facehole.

WIT ONIONS!

I want a Spicy Italian sub.  Holy moley were those good.

Can there be some kind of Purge-like day where I can eat any animal I desire? :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on July 10, 2013, 08:21:54 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2013, 08:20:32 PM
I'd like to hold Ide down and jam a Philly Cheesesteak down his facehole.

WIT ONIONS!

I want a Spicy Italian sub.  Holy moley were those good.

Can there be some kind of Purge-like day where I can eat any animal I desire? :(

Ide chooses:

HUMAN!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2013, 08:17:23 PM
Wrong.  Jimmy John's. :mmm:

Their idiotic "FREE SMELLS" sign keeps me from going in.  But the times we ordered from them at work they were okay.

The surprisingly good place to get party subs is: Walmart.  Everything is fresh & you can feed a horde for like $22 and have leftovers.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on July 10, 2013, 08:20:50 PM
Cal: Jimmy Johns blows.  They used to get that for us for dinner when they wanted us to stay late.  I wanted pizza, but all my loser coworkers wanted Jimmy Johns.  I don't get the love, or even the like.  Even their chips are crap.
You are incorrect.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 08:27:32 PM

Their idiotic "FREE SMELLS" sign keeps me from going in.  But the times we ordered from them at work they were okay.

The surprisingly good place to get party subs is: Walmart.  Everything is fresh & you can feed a horde for like $22 and have leftovers.

When I give away free smells nobody appreciates it either. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I don't actually like going in to Jimmy John's, because it's somehow super-hectic all the time and they serve me too fast; sometimes they're handing me a finished sub like 10 seconds after I finish giving the order.  That seems like it shouldn't be possible so it makes me nervous.

Another good one we have here is Jason's Deli, which has sandwiches as good as Jimmy John's but is a more pleasant ordering experience.  Also, free ice cream for dessert. :cool:

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2013, 08:31:25 PM

I don't actually like going in to Jimmy John's, because it's somehow super-hectic all the time and they serve me too fast; sometimes they're handing me a finished sub like 10 seconds after I finish giving the order.  That seems like it shouldn't be possible so it makes me nervous.

Another good one we have here is Jason's Deli, which has sandwiches as good as Jimmy John's but is a more pleasant ordering experience.  Also, free ice cream for dessert. :cool:
Being too efficient scares you? Man you're HR to the core :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

I don't understand how it's possible for them to make subs that quickly, dude.  I am afraid of things I don't understand. :)

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2013, 08:35:54 PM
I don't understand how it's possible for them to make subs that quickly, dude.  I am afraid of things I don't understand. :)

Oh, I'm sure they're not that fast in downtown Cincy. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2013, 08:29:53 PM

When I give away free smells nobody appreciates it either. :(

:lol:
and the horse you rode in on

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 08:37:51 PM

need more Mexicans :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Caliga

Everyone that works at the JJ near my office is like a college-aged white kid.

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on July 10, 2013, 08:39:46 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 08:37:51 PM

need more Mexicans :P

As long as I don't have to repeat my order 4 or 5 times, I'd be okay with that.

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2013, 08:42:00 PM
Everyone that works at the JJ near my office is like a college-aged white kid.
you saying Mexicans can't be white? racist