News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Panera to retool latest pay-what-you-can idea

Started by garbon, July 10, 2013, 09:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on July 11, 2013, 09:14:39 AM
If I want a really good sandwich, I just walk over to Potbelly's.
I still haven't been to one of those. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 11, 2013, 09:20:27 AM
I still haven't been to one of those. :blush:

Well you, sir, are missing out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 10, 2013, 09:16:37 PM
Subways are also the least profitable franchise.

I had Jimmy John's once. Bleh.  Blandtastic.

What's your go-to sub, Yi?
and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

fhdz

Admiral Yi

Quote from: fhdz on July 11, 2013, 11:46:57 AM
Shop.

Probably Subway.

I gave Quizno's a shot, but their sauces are just too sickly sweet.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 11, 2013, 11:48:59 AM
Shop.

Probably Subway.

For all their self-billing as a premium sandwich place, their turkey and ham are both rubbery as hell.  I do like their bourbon chicken sandwich, and loved their buffalo chicken until they started using this mushy stuff that didn't much resemble chicken.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 11, 2013, 11:48:59 AM
Shop.

Probably Subway.

I like the pickle & pepper bar, though.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 11, 2013, 09:16:00 AM

Bad ass cookies, too.

Why would I want ass cookies, and bad ones at that?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

You best tuck those eyeballs back under that enormous forehead if you know what's good for you boy.  :mad:

I don't have the freakin menu memorized.

I liked Quizno's bread, and I liked their meats.  Bacon on every sandwich!!  Just the sauces made me gag.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 11, 2013, 11:58:17 AM
I liked Quizno's bread, and I liked their meats. 

The chicken & steak were okay, but I found the turkey, ham, and roast beef to be awfully rubbery.  I mean, I know it's all processed to some extent, but Quizno's lunchmeats seem like they're totally emulsified to the point where they no longer resemble the meats they're supposed to represent.

Admiral Yi

Hmmm.  I had no beef with their turkey.

HAHAHAHA