Panera to retool latest pay-what-you-can idea

Started by garbon, July 10, 2013, 09:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 08:45:10 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 10, 2013, 08:39:46 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 08:37:51 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2013, 08:35:54 PM
I don't understand how it's possible for them to make subs that quickly, dude.  I am afraid of things I don't understand. :)

Oh, I'm sure they're not that fast in downtown Cincy. 
need more Mexicans :P

As long as I don't have to repeat my order 4 or 5 times, I'd be okay with that.
All the sub places here are run and staffed by Indians (Asian kind). You get used to repeating yourself.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on July 10, 2013, 08:21:54 PM
Can there be some kind of Purge-like day where I can eat any animal I desire? :(

There can be seven of them any given week.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2013, 07:43:19 PM
Quote from: fhdz on July 10, 2013, 07:42:03 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 10, 2013, 07:27:53 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2013, 06:07:32 PM
Panera :yuk:

Yep.  I don't care for them, and iirc their vegetarian options are rather garbage, and all is overpriced.  Subway is the place to be for the non-conspicuous consumer who wants good food done quickly in sandwich form.

I see you've incorporated diarrhea into your weight-loss plan.

The Subway special sauce

Must be in the vinegar; I've never noticed that effect.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on July 10, 2013, 07:05:22 PM
Arguing with you about profit motive is like arguing science with a YEC.

There's no other motive but profit, and at least I acknowledge that.  You apparently don't think so, and yet I'm the one in denial? 

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2013, 08:22:37 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 10, 2013, 08:21:54 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2013, 08:20:32 PM
I'd like to hold Ide down and jam a Philly Cheesesteak down his facehole.

WIT ONIONS!

I want a Spicy Italian sub.  Holy moley were those good.

Can there be some kind of Purge-like day where I can eat any animal I desire? :(

Ide chooses:

HUMAN!

Can they put that on a 12" Italian sub roll?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on July 10, 2013, 08:46:01 PM
All the sub places here are run and staffed by Indians (Asian kind). You get used to repeating yourself.

All the ones here are owned by Indians as well.  Can't think of one that isn't.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Just eat meat. Animals aren't that great. in fact a lot of them are down right bastards.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 08:55:56 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 10, 2013, 08:46:01 PM

All the ones here are owned by Indians as well.  Can't think of one that isn't.

Subway has a similar franchise model as Dunkin' Donuts;  the capital requirements for the initial start up are pretty low and corporate does all the hard work for you, like property leasing and even initial financing.

And once you get the shops launched, the whole extended family can come over on work visas, so there's your entire fleet labor pool right there.

Admiral Yi

Subways are also the least profitable franchise.

I had Jimmy John's once. Bleh.  Blandtastic.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Berkut

I think Jimmy Johns and Panera are both excellent. At least the ones near my abode are.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2013, 06:07:32 PM
Panera :yuk:

Most of their bread is hard as hell.  The only sandwich from there I like is the Bacon Turkey Bravo as it's on some soft tomato-basil flavored bread.

I know one guy that cracked his jaw on their bread, and another chick that broke a tooth. :wacko:

Okay, dumpster diver.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on July 10, 2013, 07:25:29 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2013, 01:29:26 PM
I forgot how long the line at Panera can be. Went outside of lunch hour and still was crowded.

Going to lunch at lunch hour: problem identified.  I don't do it.

:huh:

I went after lunch hour.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

If I want a really good sandwich, I just walk over to Potbelly's.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 11, 2013, 09:14:39 AM
If I want a really good sandwich, I just walk over to Potbelly's.

Bad ass cookies, too.