Roughing it in Australia- travel log from the shitty city of sydney

Started by Lettow77, July 02, 2013, 11:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

A lot of people get into scientology due to gayness.

Shouldn't you be finding a way to get to Japan?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

I came here directly from Japan. The return flight is already booked, and good riddance- even with improved conditions, this is not where I want to be.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Neil

Where do you want to be?  Back in Tennessee, or back in Japan?

Tennessee had a great and noble dreadnought named after her, but Japan was once home to many dreadnoughts, and still is home to the one remaining pre-dreadnought in all the world.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

I would like to be in both. I don't know when I can really return to Tennessee; there is no home or career for me there, and even my roommate wants to travel off somewhere. I believe it may be quite a long time before I see it again.

Japan has lots of fine places to be, and I will be happy to be back there.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Of cooouurse I've gotten my degree.

College was a very pleasant time.

Syt

Do you have a place to stay in Japan now, or do you still sleep in internet cafés?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

Internet cafes -are- a place to stay! They are very affordable, provide food, internet, privacy all one can drink, and a place to sleep. The more benign even offer blankets. I am in good company; many well-mannered Japanese working poor live in internet cafes :)

I see no point in a more fixed address prior to employment- pursuing opportunities requires a certain amount of mobility that rent-by-month places can't offer, and anything shorter term than that would come up very short when compared to an internet cafe in benefits analysis.

edit: I am somewhere reasonably nice at the moment, and would much rather be in a Japanese internet cafe. Don't underestimate such a fine place!

I miss it rather strongly, actually. It is quite a trial for me to be here. I am not happy, and only constant thought about future benefits and the resolve not to fail my own goal-setting is keeping me rooted here. Even as things have gotten better materially, I still have an abiding sense of misery and not anyone in particular to talk to or feel any sense of commonality with.

CountDeMoney

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on July 03, 2013, 01:43:02 AM
I dunno, travelling super cheap can be quite fun.
Its nice to see how far you can travel on very little money and you tend to meet a better class of people (country dependant) and see the reality of places you travel, not just the tourist sites.

Agreed.  I had a great time travelling on no money back in the day.  Lots of people I met along the way invited me to stay with them and I made a number of life long friends.   

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 08, 2013, 12:23:25 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 03, 2013, 01:43:02 AM
I dunno, travelling super cheap can be quite fun.
Its nice to see how far you can travel on very little money and you tend to meet a better class of people (country dependant) and see the reality of places you travel, not just the tourist sites.

Agreed.  I had a great time travelling on no money back in the day.  Lots of people I met along the way invited me to stay with them and I made a number of life long friends.

+1 to both of you.  :)

Tyr enjoy your time in Italy.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2013, 10:41:57 PM
Lettow probably smells like ass something fierce.

Lettow, CdM is maybe on to something.  You are keeping up with personal hygiene while staying at internet cafes, right? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.