Roughing it in Australia- travel log from the shitty city of sydney

Started by Lettow77, July 02, 2013, 11:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2013, 01:09:54 PM
Can you claim to be poor if you haven't slept in an Internet Café?

You had enough money to use an internet cafe?

Luxury!

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2013, 11:56:21 AM
I've never stayed at a hostel & don't feel like I missed out on anything.
I've only really stayed in hostels (or the odd apartment) when travelling and I don't mind them. You get what you pay for and if you look online you can find one that's right for you. Some'll be big on organising big group nights out, which is what some people (Australians) want, others'll be more laidback and, in a few small towns, there are some outstanding hostels.

I remember I stayed in one in Morocco in a famous pot growing hilltop town. I ended up having a beautiful, well looked after room to myself and the hostel itself was nice to come back to, there was a really nice cool courtyard which, given that it was August, was perfect.

Sometimes you'll meet fun people who you can go out, see the sights and enjoy the town with but I think that's luck of the draw more than anything. But even then you don't have to. I don't really like doing things with people during the day, I don't like having to stick with a timetable when I'm going to a beach or to a museum or whatever. But it's normally really nice to meet people to go drinking and eating in the evening.
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 02, 2013, 11:37:33 AM
It is day 4. .........

Hey Mr. McBigot, relax you might enjoy yourself.

Aboriginal to wield as tribal talismans. I took my flight.

My spirit faltered, and I reluctantly aquiesced to stay there. I should have ran.

Because bigots and racist like you are really cowards at heart.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on July 02, 2013, 02:59:48 PM
It is day 4. .........

My spirit faltered, and I reluctantly aquiesced to stay there. I should have ran.

Guess he should have just shot the Belgian and be done with it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2013, 11:56:21 AM
I've never stayed at a hostel & don't feel like I missed out on anything.

My brother caught scabies staying at one of those.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2013, 03:04:31 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 02, 2013, 02:59:48 PM
It is day 4. .........

Guess he should have just shot the Belgian and be done with it.

:lol:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Spent three months backpacking and staying at Hostels in Australia, had great experiences at 90% of the hostels, made friends with people that still keep in touch with almost 15 years later.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2013, 03:51:30 PM
You're dick wasn't cut off a single time?

They stole both his kidneys.  He thought it was just a bad mattress bothering his back.

And yes, kat can run without kidneys.  The man works off biodiesel.

Josquius

I've had good hostels and bad hostels.
As I've gotten old I've come to appreciate spending 10 quid more for a bit of privacy.

I'm confused as to why Lettow is in Australia.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on July 02, 2013, 08:58:50 PM
I'm confused as to why Lettow is in Australia.

Because he's nuttier than squirrel shit.

And of course he's going to complain about his situation;  he's probably doing it with about $30 in his pocket.  Of course the life of the wandering homeless sucks.

Caliga

So Lettuce, how is this preparing you for your future career? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points