Today's "Let's See How We Can Fuck Over the American Worker" Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, June 30, 2013, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 05, 2013, 09:42:07 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 05, 2013, 09:34:14 PM
Mono & Meri are shorter than you I think.

Hmm, maybe Meri.  The number to beat is 5' 2" (I've given up giving my with-shoes height).  I'm that short.

I'm taller than you. :) I'm 5'2 3/4".
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2013, 02:18:48 PM
When he freaks out one day and the company gets sued for sexual harassment in fostering a hostile work environment because Mr. DBA discusses his pig cunt ex-wife in the break room, that explanation will look swell during your deposition when you're asked about the sexually derogatory and misogynist references you witnessed during his pre-employment interview.

Looking out for liability is also in the interests of the company, and one of your responsibilities which you betrayed by hiring him.

Better that than having the guy I hired in his place freak out because he isn't qualified for his job, bring in an AK-47, and kill everyone in the office.  I'd rather see my company face the lawsuit than go to 53 funerals.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

And those are our two options.  We can hire this guy or die.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on July 03, 2013, 02:27:54 PM
I'd much rather take a chance on keen, bright new guy with little experience than on a crusty experienced fucker who thinks his skills excuse being dicks to his colleagues.

Well, you can make those decisions in defiance of facts if you desire - provided the company doesn't really need a database admin.  However, I have no idea what this has to do with the discussion.  We aren't talking here about someone who thinks he can be a dick to his co-workers.  We are talking about a guy who has trouble controlling himself in a job interview when discussing an ex.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2013, 08:09:38 AM

3d option- tell the client you can't find anybody and return your fee. Yeah, that's going to happen.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 06, 2013, 08:23:06 AM

3d option- tell the client you can't find anybody and return your fee. Yeah, that's going to happen.

You only got two applications for the position?  Mr. Cunt and Mr. AK-47?
Maybe look beyond Craigslist for advertising.

Eddie Teach

From what I've heard, DBAs are in strong demand and snapped up pretty quickly, even in this economy.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2013, 08:47:52 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 06, 2013, 08:23:06 AM

I wonder what happens when Mr. Cunt's wife shows up to find out why he isn't paying child support.  Does he freak out and kill 53 people?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2013, 09:35:19 AM
I wonder what happens when Mr. Cunt's wife shows up to find out why he isn't paying child support.  Does he freak out and kill 53 people?

Like Brain suggested earlier, the fact this guy used the word cunt in an interview with Cal doesn't necessarily mean he lacks impulse control.

grumbler

Either that or stop making up stupid consequences for hypothetical choices you don't like.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on July 06, 2013, 03:03:52 PM

Either that or stop making up stupid consequences for hypothetical choices you don't like.

You got it, Mr. Cunt.