News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tour de France 2013

Started by Liep, June 30, 2013, 05:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

We have seen riders hit the wall before, they didn't have people to help them out - Froome obviously called for the car before Porte dropped back, so it was him who was at fault.  Froome is becoming the least likeable yellow since Lance, I rather liked seeing him in a bit of bother today.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on July 18, 2013, 07:07:34 PM
We have seen riders hit the wall before, they didn't have people to help them out - Froome obviously called for the car before Porte dropped back, so it was him who was at fault.  Froome is becoming the least likeable yellow since Lance, I rather liked seeing him in a bit of bother today.

I wouldn't put him quite in the Armstrong camp, but he's equally ungracious. 

I don't get caught up with the whole supporting ones countrymen in such a sport, so I'd like to see Quintana do well over the next couple of days.  :bowler:

edit:
Also great to see a Frenchman finally win a stage this year.  It's possible that twice up Alpe d'Huez will make it legendary stage too.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Quote from: mongers on July 18, 2013, 07:30:45 PM
I wouldn't put him quite in the Armstrong camp, but he's equally ungracious. 

I don't get caught up with the whole supporting ones countrymen in such a sport, so I'd like to see Quintana do well over the next couple of days.  :bowler:

edit:
Also great to see a Frenchman finally win a stage this year.  It's possible that twice up Alpe d'Huez will make it legendary stage too.
Oh, I didn't put him in the Armstrong level, but just the worst since then.  I also like Quintana, he will be great in a couple of years.  I was a bit sad Van Garderen bonked at the end today, he will also be very good (if not great) in a couple of years, still to see the Frenchman surge ahead and race to the finish was inspiring today.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

That acceleration from Froome to catch and leave Rodriguez and Quintana behind was just insane.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 20, 2013, 10:02:38 AM
That acceleration from Froome to catch and leave Rodriguez and Quintana behind was just insane.

Yes, though I think he though he could bluff them into not bothering to chase and so win the stage.

As it was, an excellent win by Quintana and like one of the commentators said, he along with Rodriguez and Froome demonstrates the new blood/next generation of the riders; Contador is now a spent force. 

Great ride up the last two mountains by Jens Voigt.  :)

Brazen

It's OK, when Froome wins he's British, when he's rude or ungracious he's Kenyan/South African.  :bowler:

They can't all be Wiggins, all understated cool, sideburns and celebrating casually with a G&T and a fag.

lustindarkness

So, just finished watching today's stage, glad for Quintana, we will see a lot more of him in the coming years.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on July 20, 2013, 12:49:04 PM
It's OK, when Froome wins he's British, when he's rude or ungracious he's Kenyan/South African.  :bowler:

They can't all be Wiggins, all understated cool, sideburns and celebrating casually with a G&T and a fag.

You'll have to point us toward the people saying that, as I've not heard it hear nor in real-life.

mongers

Amongst this stage 20 highlights page is a nice interview with Jens Voigt, where he explains the deal he struck with this legs on this stagev :cool: :

http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/stages/stage20/

lustindarkness

Quote from: mongers on July 20, 2013, 06:35:00 PM
Amongst this stage 20 highlights page is a nice interview with Jens Voigt, where he explains the deal he struck with this legs on this stagev :cool: :

Not available outside the UK.

I am looking forward to the sprint finish today, The Wife is looking forward to it finishing as she is tired of watching it. LOL
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Nice finish, Cavendish did not have the lead out he needed, Kittel won the 1st and last stages.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 21, 2013, 12:21:43 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 20, 2013, 06:35:00 PM

Not available outside the UK.

I am looking forward to the sprint finish today, The Wife is looking forward to it finishing as she is tired of watching it. LOL

:D

mongers

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 21, 2013, 01:13:21 PM
Nice flyover.

Yeah there was a nice reaction shot as Froome and Porte looked at each other and pointed to the sky as the planes flew over as they started up the Champs-Élysées.   :cool: