News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tour de France 2013

Started by Liep, June 30, 2013, 05:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Once again it's time for best sport on two wheels.

Is it me or have crashes become more and more frequent the last years? It seems the last 10km or so always seem so nervous these days, it's every tour we lose some of the favourites on the flat boring first stages.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

My prediction for victory: Hoffmann-LaRoche before GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

I made a bet with myself before posting, when would the first doping joke appear? I had the first reply down, so now I win a cup of coffee.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Ok, that was mean. After all, Pfizer might well be in the top three.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

:lol: @ tour bus getting stuck under the finish arch.

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on June 30, 2013, 05:54:50 AM
:lol: @ tour bus getting stuck under the finish arch.

That was just terrible. :lol:

Liep

Also, no matter what he uses, the fact that Tony Martin is riding the 2nd stage is insane.

"He was diagnosed with a concussion and contusion on his left lung. There was also tissue damage on his hip, left knee, shoulder and back."

Maladict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IysrERmAOFc

Video from the Orica GreenEDGE team, owners of the bus.
Fruit!  :lol:

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

I bet doping will continue to be the bigger story instead of the riders.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 30, 2013, 10:28:01 AM
I bet doping will continue to be the bigger story instead of the riders.

It isn't.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Indeed, it's a dog bites man story.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

These recent years have been full of annoying crashes taking out the favourites before the mountains. This year Van den Broeck and now Brajkovich has crashed. Are today's riders just less skilful?

Legbiter

Can't take this sport seriously after the past few years.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.