Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

celedhring

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  Nice.  Are those kneepads too?

Wait....when was the last time Rose played a full season?  3 years ago?

CountDeMoney

I swear, that candle on the farthest right side of the pic has Michael Jordan on it.

The Larch

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 10, 2015, 04:37:10 PM
:lol:  Nice.  Are those kneepads too?

Wait....when was the last time Rose played a full season?  3 years ago?

2010-11, when he was MVP. He went down with his first serious injury in the 2012 playoffs, missed the entire 2012-13 season, came back in the following one and went down again before the end of 2013, missing the rest of it.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

The Scottie Pippen candle causes migraines.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

This has got to be one the most boring playoffs in any sport ever.   The quality of basketball has been terrible - particularly in the Eastern final.  Too many injuries to too many of the top level players has to be addressed somehow.  Either reduce the number of games in the regular season or make the season longer so that players have more rest in between games.  It is not much fun to watch the product on the floor right now. 

sbr

I have been saying they need to reduce the number of games for a while now, I don't see it ever happening though or to extend the season.  And next year the league starts testing for HGH, will be interesting what happens with injuries then.

I can't comment much on the quality of play, as I haven't watched much at all but I am happy so far with the results.  I will be hard pressed to pick between Golden State and Cleveland, but will likely end up pulling for LeBron. 

I even had trouble finding interest watching the Trialblazers play Memphis, though that was a terrible matchup and going 5 games was a better result than I expected.  I did watch the 4th quarter of yesterday's Eastern conference game and it was entertaining at least.

sbr

I would love to stick my thumb up Sage Steele's butt.  :wub:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on May 25, 2015, 11:11:11 PM
I would love to stick my thumb up Sage Steele's butt.  :wub:
:unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

What, you wouldn't?

Admiral Yi

I'm more of an index finger guy myself.

sbr

I can't argue with that

crazy canuck

I didn't think Cleveland would win a game in this series.  Ironically the injuries to the scorers which forced them to this defensive line-up was the best thing that could have happened to them.