News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2015, 07:05:06 PM
You said he is finally taking control of the game.  That means he'll totally lose control tomorrow night and it will be your fault.  And when Cleveland has lost the series 4-2 I will drive up to Akron and tell him it's all your fault.
:rolleyes:
Could he possibly played better? Dude had the best finals performance in at least 30 years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 17, 2015, 09:16:48 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2015, 08:14:44 AM
Woo! My randomly picked favorite team, back in ~1996, has won the NBA championship!

I thought you said you rooted for the Bulls back then.

It's possible that I picked the Warriors later than 1996. I am not serious in my NBA fandom.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2015, 09:55:18 AM
Could he possibly played better? Dude had the best finals performance in at least 30 years.

He had a bad (for LeBron) Game 4, right after you tainted him.  He was solid in Game 5 but last night he just looked like he was half-stepping a lot of the game. 

You could have just kept quiet until the series was over.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

You said he is finally taking control of the game.  That means he'll totally lose control tomorrow night and it will be your fault.  And when Cleveland has lost the series 4-2 I will drive up to Akron and tell him it's all your fault.
Could he possibly played better?

Yes. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 17, 2015, 10:24:21 AM
Could he possibly played better?

Yes.

PPG 35.8 APG 8.8 RPG 13.3
First player in history to lead the Finals in all three stats. No he couldn't have played better, and MJ and Magic couldn't have either.

Without LeBron James on the floor this series.
JR Smith 0/9
Delly 0/7 
J. Jones 0/3
Shumpert 0/2
Total 0/21 FG

Highest Pct of Team Points Finals History.
1993 Michael Jordan 38.4%
2015 LeBron James 38.3%
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Timmay, When one has as many shot attempt as Lebron one would hope that he would score at least that much.  He had a very poor shooting percentage.  His rebounds per game are not all that impressive since he was the tallest player on the floor for much of the time (both teams played mainly small ball).  His assists per game could have been a lot higher if he had made better decisions on shot selection - ie there is a direct relationship between low shooting percentage and forcing a shot when a pass to an open team mate was available.

The highest percentage of team points isn't a meaningful stat until you put it into context.  If he is missing a lot of shots and not effectively distributing the ball another name for that is ballhog.

Admiral Yi

The Calves made a mistake in not playing that big Russian oaf more.  GS had no answer for him in game 1.

derspiess

FFS Timmy, you're including stuff LeBron did before you tainted him. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

I wish this taint affected the Pats.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 17, 2015, 10:56:47 AM
The Calves made a mistake in not playing that big Russian oaf more.  GS had no answer for him in game 1.

I agree.  He was very effective scoring on the inside.  GS's big didn't match up well against him and when GS went small I would have taken the trade off of giving up the odd three scored by his man.  It may have forced GS out of their small ball which was really killing Cleveland.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 17, 2015, 11:07:49 AM
I wish this taint affected the Pats.

The taint does not work that way. It has to be something he bandwagons on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

He tainted the shit out of Notre Dame during the Charlie Weis era.

Valmy

While simultaneously tainting the USC Trojans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 17, 2015, 11:22:19 AM
He tainted the shit out of Notre Dame during the Charlie Weis era.

He ruined that fiesta bowl for them when they played the Buckeyes a while back.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Tim is just awful. He should be banned by executive order by Obama from watching sports.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive