News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Great business names

Started by merithyn, June 26, 2013, 08:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I wonder if somebody's already taken the market on Confederate kitten figurines.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 26, 2013, 10:37:22 AM
I wonder if somebody's already taken the market on Confederate kitten figurines.  :hmm:

That would be so awesome:  kinda like Precious Moments meets the ACW, only with kittens.  Mewlysses S. Grant, Lafayette McClaws, the possibilities are endless.

derspiess

You guys run with those things.  I'll keep the rights to the Christmas-themed mammies, though, since Seedy showed no interest in pursuing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 10:45:18 AM
You guys run with those things.  I'll keep the rights to the Christmas-themed mammies, though, since Seedy showed no interest in pursuing.

Mammies are fun the whole year 'round.

crazy canuck

Years ago when Fokker was in merger talks with Bombardier some wit quipped the new company would be called Bomfokker.

Brazen

A race horse husbandry service called Filly Buster.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on June 26, 2013, 11:05:36 AM
A race horse husbandry service called Filly Buster.

Or is that a bespoke lingerie shop from CdM's neck of the woods ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fhdz

It depends. Is this an "I actually have to make money at this" business or is it an "I won the lottery and can do whatever business I like even if it runs a loss" business?
and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

If you're running at a loss, it's just an expensive hobby.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: fhdz on June 26, 2013, 12:57:11 PM
It depends. Is this an "I actually have to make money at this" business or is it an "I won the lottery and can do whatever business I like even if it runs a loss" business?

Either/or? :unsure:

I just wanted something to make me laugh today. Brazen has accomplished said task. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Building demolition company called "Edifice Wrecks"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Maximus

Admiral Yi

lustindarkness

Liquor in the Front, Poker in the Rear
Grand Duke of Lurkdom