News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Where should I go this summer?

Started by jimmy olsen, June 24, 2013, 04:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2013, 03:47:06 PM
Australia in the 60s would be less than ossum for summer vacation.

Temperatures in the 60s is ossum anywhere, anytime.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 24, 2013, 03:52:48 PM

It's not beach weather.  Timmy wants to shock some locals with his new Speedo.

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 24, 2013, 04:02:19 AM
I think it's time I try Europe. Leave Seoul on August 10th, depart wherever the 18th.

Berlin, Coppenhagen, Prague?

If you have only one week to visit Europe, go to Italy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 24, 2013, 03:52:48 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2013, 03:47:06 PM
Australia in the 60s would be less than ossum for summer vacation.

I'll definitely disagree with that. Give me low 70s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 24, 2013, 03:54:28 PM
I think it's time I try Europe. Leave Seoul on August 10th, depart wherever the 18th.

Haven't we already had enough threads about not going to Italy in August - especially not on Aug 15 because of Ferragosto.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on June 24, 2013, 03:49:39 PM
It's a continent, I wouldn't be surprised if it has a bit more variety than that. 
I dunno, I just remember reading once that except at higher elevations it doesn't get anywhere near as cold in the winter as it does in northern North America, Asia, and Europe.  I think that may be true of the higher latitudes in the Southern Hemisphere generally, because there are no land masses touching the polar regions.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2013, 03:56:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 24, 2013, 03:54:28 PM

Haven't we already had enough threads about not going to Italy in August - especially not on Aug 15 because of Ferragosto.

Good point - I forgot about that. :hmm:

Maybe London then.

Savonarola

Can you get overnight trains (or busses) between those destinations?  If not you're going to spend a lot of your vacation time on the railroad or in an airport.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on June 24, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

Maybe London then.

If you want to see more than one city London-Cambridge-York-Edinburgh is quite doable by train.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Malthus

Hey Sav, I was thinking about Detroit the other day and wondering what you were up to.  :hug:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Savonarola on June 24, 2013, 04:18:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 24, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

Maybe London then.

If you want to see more than one city London-Cambridge-York-Edinburgh is quite doable by train.

I've said this before, but if you do come to the UK Tim then book those rail tickets in advance........otherwise they will cost you an arm and a leg.

lustindarkness

Can't believe what I am saying, I am glad I clicked on a Timmy thread. A Sav drive by posting!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

BTW, Tim, New Zealand is The Awesome, not as far as jewroop for you.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom