News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Where should I go this summer?

Started by jimmy olsen, June 24, 2013, 04:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

I'll go ahead and recommend Copenhagen then. A new quite awesome exibition on vikings just opened in the national museum.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Gups

I had a few days in Copenhagen early this year. It's a lovely city but very expensive (even for someone used to London prices).

mongers

Oh, and Tim don't bother with London, England.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on June 24, 2013, 09:14:25 AM

I was going to suggest Chester and Conwy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2013, 09:18:02 AM

What has a 1940s radio comedy double-act got to do with it ? :unsure:

garbon

Quote from: mongers on June 24, 2013, 09:27:28 AM

Actually now that I've looked, looks like the BBC had a tv episode of that exact itinerary. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2013, 09:30:00 AM
Quote from: mongers on June 24, 2013, 09:27:28 AM

Actually now that I've looked, looks like the BBC had a tv episode of that exact itinerary. :D

:)

Richard Hakluyt

I think I would avoid a lot of Southern Europe for the suggested dates, much as I love those places August is not the month to go.

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Caliga

There's no part of Australia (except maybe Tasmania?) that truly gets *cold* in the winter, right?  I thought all of Australia had either a tropical climate or climates like southern California or Florida, depending on humidity.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Australia in the 60s would be less than ossum for summer vacation.

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on June 24, 2013, 03:45:41 PM
There's no part of Australia (except maybe Tasmania?) that truly gets *cold* in the winter, right?  I thought all of Australia had either a tropical climate or climates like southern California or Florida, depending on humidity.

It's a continent, I wouldn't be surprised if it has a bit more variety than that. 

Maybe it even has a glacier somewhere?  :unsure:

edit:
I misremembered there aren't any glaciers in Australia, though bizarrely there are some in Papua/Papua New Guinea island of all places.   :hmm: