The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:34:27 PM
we're not going to get anywhere with this conversation.

Probably the smartest thing you've said all night, CountDeSharpton.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 14, 2013, 10:31:45 PM
Whether you think Martin or Zimmerman was at fault, it hasn't been proven that Zimmerman was. Thus, you have to let him walk. Them's the rules.

That's the sane answer. How dare you.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 10:34:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:23:22 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 10:16:32 PM
So your saying Zimmerman had a right to stand his ground when attacked by Trayvon.

Like I said before, "Stand Your Ground" doesn't mean "Go Over There And Start Shit Over On That Ground".

That's a cute line & all, but Stand Your Ground wasn't invoked in this trial. Try again.

Doesn't have to be invoked.  Cowboy states with shitty gun laws don't need it.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:36:53 PM
So your saying Zimmerman had a right to stand his ground when attacked by Trayvon.

Like I said before, "Stand Your Ground" doesn't mean "Go Over There And Start Shit Over On That Ground".

That's a cute line & all, but Stand Your Ground wasn't invoked in this trial. Try again.

Trayvon must have invoked, "Right to Black" when he attacked GZ.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Kleves

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 08:39:58 PM
Quote from: Kleves on July 14, 2013, 08:32:04 PM
Though I did find it shocking that apparently only one-half of one percent of interracial killings involve a white person killing a black person. That does really put people like CdM's outrage into perspective.

And what perspective is that?
Comments like this:
QuoteNah, much more fun to stalk black teenagers so we can make an excuse to use our nifty bang-bang toys.  Do you and derweiss have your respective black teenagers picked out already, or just accepting Craigslist applications?

You know, you can learn more about black teenagers and how to illegally hunt them at your local library. :the more you know:
According to Raz's link, a black kid getting killed by lightning while riding a unicycle is about as likely him getting shot and killed by a white person. The takeaway from Raz's link is that it is how shockingly, unbelievably rare it is for any black person to be shot and killed by a white person.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:36:53 PM

:sadface:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Raz's primary source research is about as effective as Ideologue's ability to maintain relationships with women.  Sorta all over the place, with no real objective.
I don't click on them, why should you?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 08:51:54 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 08:45:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 08:40:45 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 08:35:50 PM
So, basically Raz posted a turkey...figures.

Or I could be eating.  You know, for a guy who doesn't answer many questions, you sure get impatient when you ask one.  He could simply pull back his jacket to show he had a gun.  He could point to the gun.  I imagine there are lots of ways to show a gun with out waving it around.
I did answer your riot question.

at what distance from the individual do you point at, show, claim, etc, that you have a gun?

I was talking about your tendency to become reticent when answering questions that undermine your arguments.  I never claimed to have a gun, but I imagine you could point at a gun from a distance of one planck length to 48 billion light years away.  Going beyond that and physics get kinda wonky.
The universe is only 13.77 billion light years across, so that's not possible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 14, 2013, 11:04:03 PM

Or I could be eating.  You know, for a guy who doesn't answer many questions, you sure get impatient when you ask one.  He could simply pull back his jacket to show he had a gun.  He could point to the gun.  I imagine there are lots of ways to show a gun with out waving it around.

at what distance from the individual do you point at, show, claim, etc, that you have a gun?

I was talking about your tendency to become reticent when answering questions that undermine your arguments.  I never claimed to have a gun, but I imagine you could point at a gun from a distance of one planck length to 48 billion light years away.  Going beyond that and physics get kinda wonky.

So, you saying Raz overstated his position. Go figure.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:55:43 PM
Raz's primary source research is about as effective as Ideologue's ability to maintain relationships with women.  Sorta all over the place, with no real objective.
I don't click on them, why should you?

:lol:  To learn.  To see if assumptions are correct.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 10:08:55 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 09:54:22 PM
I can hardly be expected to answer your question if you don't even know what the question is.

I'll take your refusal to answer and dodge a simple question, as conceding you were talking out your ass.

You are so deluded you keep changing the question.  Believe what ever the fuck you want.  Christ, and they call me nuts.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Kleves on July 14, 2013, 10:52:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 08:39:58 PM
Quote from: Kleves on July 14, 2013, 08:32:04 PM
Though I did find it shocking that apparently only one-half of one percent of interracial killings involve a white person killing a black person. That does really put people like CdM's outrage into perspective.

And what perspective is that?
Comments like this:
QuoteNah, much more fun to stalk black teenagers so we can make an excuse to use our nifty bang-bang toys.  Do you and derweiss have your respective black teenagers picked out already, or just accepting Craigslist applications?

You know, you can learn more about black teenagers and how to illegally hunt them at your local library. :the more you know:
According to Raz's link, a black kid getting killed by lightning while riding a unicycle is about as likely him getting shot and killed by a white person. The takeaway from Raz's link is that it is how shockingly, unbelievably rare it is for any black person to be shot and killed by a white person.

Uh, you read that wrong.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 11:31:39 PM
I can hardly be expected to answer your question if you don't even know what the question is.

I'll take your refusal to answer and dodge a simple question, as conceding you were talking out your ass.

You are so deluded you keep changing the question.  Believe what ever the fuck you want.  Christ, and they call me nuts.

:lol: you're a peach. You answered sarcastically "planck length to 48 billion light years away", so you know what the question is asking.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 11:05:29 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 14, 2013, 11:04:03 PM

So, you saying Raz overstated his position. Go figure.

No, he's just making an amateur mistake.  The Universe is 13 billion years old, that doesn't mean it's 13 billion light years wide.

QuoteThe age of the universe is estimated to be 13.8 billion years. While it is commonly understood that nothing can accelerate to velocities equal to or greater than that of light, it is a common misconception that the radius of the observable universe must therefore amount to only 13.8 billion light-years. This reasoning would only makes sense if the flat, static Minkowski spacetime conception under special relativity were correct. In the real universe, spacetime is curved in a way that corresponds to the expansion of space, as evidenced by Hubble's law. Distances obtained as the speed of light multiplied by a cosmological time interval have no direct physical significance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_universe

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 11:35:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 11:31:39 PM

:lol: you're a peach. You answered sarcastically "planck length to 48 billion light years away", so you know what the question is asking.

Yeah, I answered the second.  Honestly I don't know what kind of answer you want from that one either.  If it's how far away I would flash the gun, that really depends on my mood.  Depending on my mood I may not get out of the car, shoot up in the air and demand his shoes or just run at the guy with tire iron (which is really more my thing).