The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 09:52:03 PM
Off playing cowboys and Indians with real guns it seems.

Defending himself while he's getting his head pummeled into the pavement?  :huh:

Stalking and accosting someone else cause they trespassed on the ranch.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 14, 2013, 09:52:35 PM
But the evidence clearly demonstrated that Zimmerman provoked a confrontation in a manner that could reasonably viewed by Martin as threatening.

Are you basing this conclusion on the facts you've already mentioned, i.e. Zimmerman following Martin, Zimmerman agitated, and Zimmerman carrying a gun, or was there some important evidence that I missed?

I ask because that to me does not clearly demonstrate that Martin reasonably felt threatened.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 09:54:22 PM
I can hardly be expected to answer your question if you don't even know what the question is.

I'll take your refusal to answer and dodge a simple question, as conceding you were talking out your ass.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2013, 10:03:39 PM
I ask because that to me does not clearly demonstrate that Martin reasonably felt threatened.

Yi's not reasonably threatened by somebody following him for some time in the dark to the point that contact is made.  Happens all the time to him.

11B4V

So your saying Zimmerman had a right to stand his ground when attacked by Trayvon.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:11:39 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2013, 10:03:39 PM

Yi's not reasonably threatened by somebody following him for some time in the dark to the point that contact is made.  Happens all the time to him.

How long is "some time", and does hypothetical Yi have 17-year old surplus testosterone running through his veins?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

You make a Skittles run.  While walking home, a car starts to follow you.  At some point the driver gets out of the car.

Do you throw him on the ground and start bashing his face?  Is that a reasonable response?

derspiess

If he's a fat dude, I'm thinking I could probably outrun him.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2013, 10:19:00 PM

You make a Skittles run.  While walking home, a car starts to follow you.  At some point the driver gets out of the car.

Do you throw him on the ground and start bashing his face?  Is that a reasonable response?

:lol: According to Seedy and crew....yea.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 10:16:32 PM
So your saying Zimmerman had a right to stand his ground when attacked by Trayvon.

Like I said before, "Stand Your Ground" doesn't mean "Go Over There And Start Shit Over On That Ground".

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:23:22 PM

Like I said before, "Stand Your Ground" doesn't mean "Go Over There And Start Shit Over On That Ground".

Cool. Just wanted to clear that up that you think Trayvon had the right to attack GZ.

Eddie Teach

Whether you think Martin or Zimmerman was at fault, it hasn't been proven that Zimmerman was. Thus, you have to let him walk. Them's the rules.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 10:25:41 PM

Cool. Just wanted to clear that up that you think Trayvon had the right to attack GZ.

No, I do not think anybody has the "right" to attack anybody else, dumbass.

But since you and Yi are still sticking to the premise that Martin attacked Zimmerman first--even though he ran from him, and Zimmerman's attempts to follow him, lose him and reacquire him, lasted well over 5 minutes--we're not going to get anywhere with this conversation.

derspiess

That's a cute line & all, but Stand Your Ground wasn't invoked in this trial. Try again.