The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 09:30:44 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 09:23:55 PM
Don't let 11Bravo sweat you, Raz.  He's a base cop.  They draw on traffic stops, since that's the only action they ever see.  :P

Go fuck yourself

:lol:

LOOK SARGE OUT OF STATE PLATES
LETS ROLL

:P

Razgovory

Don't let 11Bravo sweat you, Raz.  He's a base cop.  They draw on traffic stops, since that's the only action they ever see.  :P

He's asking me question with a lot of variables.  What is the intent of the gun owner? What is his state of mind?  Has the gun owner been trained?  If so how and trained to do what?  What is the physical situation?  What is the state of the person who is being threatened?  Are they moving and how fast?

For instance, Zimmerman gets out of the car, as he does so he makes sure the kid can see his gun but never intends to pull it out or use it just let the kid know he's packing.  He starts harassing the kid, Kid thinks he's in serious danger, believe the strange armed man is going to rob or kill him, and attacks Zimmerman.  Zimmerman reaches for his gun but fumbles it in rain and underestimates how fast the kid can move.  This strike me as an entirely likely scenario.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 09:33:35 PM

Go fuck yourself

LETS ROLL

Yea, that's what we do.  :rolleyes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 09:36:13 PM

He's asking me question with a lot of variables.  What is the intent of the gun owner? What is his state of mind?  Has the gun owner been trained?  If so how and trained to do what?  What is the physical situation?  What is the state of the person who is being threatened?  Are they moving and how fast?

Nope. "Distance", was the question I asked. That is all. At what distance do you "flash your gun" to the individual. I added no variables, to include those you listed.

You did.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 08:40:45 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 08:35:50 PM
So, basically Raz posted a turkey...figures.

Or I could be eating.  You know, for a guy who doesn't answer many questions, you sure get impatient when you ask one.  He could simply pull back his jacket to show he had a gun.  He could point to the gun.  I imagine there are lots of ways to show a gun with out waving it around.

You've seen too many Westerns.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 09:42:11 PM

Nope. "Distance", was the question I asked. That is all. At what distance do you "flash your gun" to the individual. I added no variables, to include those you listed.

You did.

I thought the question was
QuoteJust how close do you get to someone or allow them to get to you, when you "display" that you have a holstered sidearm to the other person?

So which is it, what distance do you flash the gun, or what distance do allow someone else to get?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 09:43:22 PM

Or I could be eating.  You know, for a guy who doesn't answer many questions, you sure get impatient when you ask one.  He could simply pull back his jacket to show he had a gun.  He could point to the gun.  I imagine there are lots of ways to show a gun with out waving it around.

That's okay, so did Zimmerman.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 09:46:37 PM

How's that?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 09:33:35 PM

Go fuck yourself

LETS ROLL

You dont pay attention very well.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 09:49:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 09:46:37 PM

How's that?

Off playing cowboys and Indians with real guns it seems.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2013, 09:32:43 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 14, 2013, 09:13:23 PM
Another way of saying the same thing is "none". As in the evidence that Martin initiated is none.

We have abundant evidence that Martin committed violence.  As to evidence that Zimmerman didn't initiate violence first we have none.  Barring eye witnesses, what sort of evidence would you like to show that Zimmerman didn't initiate violence?  What sort of evidence does not doing something leave?  Surely the absence of marking or bruising on Martin's body suggests that if Zimmerman did in fact initiate violence he wasn't terribly successfull.

We do know that Zimmerman "initiated the confrontation."  That's the question I started today's discussion off with: what sort of hypothetical actions by Zimmerman would in your mind have warranted a side walk pummeling?

If person A attempts to detain person B against their will with threats of violence a pummeling would be order. 

As for the rest, I agree the evidence was insufficient to convict for murder beyond a reasonable doubt.  But the evidence clearly demonstrated that Zimmerman provoked a confrontation in a manner that could reasonably viewed by Martin as threatening.

Stand your ground goes both ways.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 09:46:18 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 09:42:11 PM

You did.

I thought the question was
QuoteJust how close do you get to someone or allow them to get to you, when you "display" that you have a holstered sidearm to the other person?

So which is it, what distance do you flash the gun, or what distance do allow someone else to get?

I forgot how stupid you are. Keep dodging.

Razgovory

I can hardly be expected to answer your question if you don't even know what the question is.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 09:50:10 PM
You dont pay attention very well.

You'd have more fun at a nuclear power plant;  force on force FTXs every month, sniper teams and ambush teams constantly on patrol, even some heavier hardware you don't normally get to play with outside of the services.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 09:52:03 PM
Off playing cowboys and Indians with real guns it seems.

Defending himself while he's getting his head pummeled into the pavement?  :huh: