The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 02:37:23 PM
So where are the riots I heard were going to happen?  Are Korean shop owners fighting for their lives as we speak?

Apparently Oakland.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2013, 12:17:47 PM
What is weird is that an unarmed person could be gunned down in the street, not breaking into a  home or anything, and we know who did it and somehow this is not even sufficient in your world to even have a Grand Jury hearing.  What does it take Spicey? 

I did not say that.  I'd actually have been fine with a grand jury hearing.

QuoteBesides I reject your entire premise.  They did indict the guy, we had a long trial and the jury deliberated for hours before reaching their decision.  In what bizarre universe does that show there was not nearly enough evidence?  And naturally the whole idea that you can explicitely disobey law enforcement,

It was a dispatcher that said he didn't need to pursue.  Let's not get carried away.

Quotestalk somebody, and provoke a confrontation

How did he provoke the confrontation?  But in any case, it seems most likely that Trayvon initiated violence.

Quoteresulting in an unnecessarily shooting of a minor and no crime has been committed is pretty...well I am not even sure what to think about that. 

The altercation was unnecessary, I'll grant.  But aside from you getting all emotional about "a minor" being involved, I don't see that there was ever any reason (i.e., evidence) to suggest Zimmerman might be guilty of murder or even manslaughter.  I think you're buying into the media's hype, which would almost be understandable a year ago, but not now.

And to state it yet another time, Zimmerman is no hero to me.  With 20/20 hindsight, he should've just ignored Trayvon Martin and both he & Martin would be better off.  We all would.

QuoteIt seems to me it casts doubt on the idea that law abiding citizens can safely carry guns, because it seems this guy obeyed the laws and we still have somebody dead for no other reason than somebody was legally carrying.  I mean this should have just been a fist fight and that Martin kid should be doing community service now.  Now I am not saying we need to repeal all carry laws but if we are going to have them this kind of shit cannot happen.

That's another issue. You're wrong, but it's another issue :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

The way I look at is, if you took away the gun and the death, who would have been in the wrong?  Who would have been the lawbreaker?   If I follow someone around my neighborhood does that give the guy the right to pound my head on the sidewalk?  What hypothetical statements or actions by Zimmerman would it have taken to justify a sidewalk pounding?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2013, 04:00:19 PM
The way I look at is, if you took away the gun and the death, who would have been in the wrong?  Who would have been the lawbreaker?   If I follow someone around my neighborhood does that give the guy the right to pound my head on the sidewalk?  What hypothetical statements or actions by Zimmerman would it have taken to justify a sidewalk pounding?

If you took away the gun, Zimmerman probably wouldn't have confronted anyone.  In fact if a person in car follows your around at night, then gets out and confronts you with a gun is it reasonable to feel your life was in danger?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 04:14:44 PM
If you took away the gun, Zimmerman probably wouldn't have confronted anyone.  In fact if a person in car follows your around at night, then gets out and confronts you with a gun is it reasonable to feel your life was in danger?

I agree with the wife beating question.  If Zimmerman had pulled his gun on Trayvon, Trayvon would have been very justified in any kind of violence whatsoever.

WTF?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 04:19:17 PM
He doesn't have to pull it out.

Zimmerman confronts Trayvon, leaves his weapon concealed, and Trayvon fears for his life and pounds Zimmerman on the side walk?

Siege

Come on man, Tryvon beat the shit out of Zimmerman because he didn't know he had a gun.
Tryvon was a criminal and a delinquent beating people up, until he beat the shit out of the wrong guy.

You don't wake up and say "I'm gonna start beating people up!".
You build up violence as part of your possible answers to a given issue.
You make violence one of your tools for conflict resolution.

That, is what happened.
Tryvon fucked with an armed man, and Colts Rule is golden.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2013, 04:22:57 PM

Zimmerman confronts Trayvon, leaves his weapon concealed, and Trayvon fears for his life and pounds Zimmerman on the side walk?

He could simply have flashed it as he was making his citizens arrest.  After all he didn't want him to get away, cause "those punks always get away".

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on July 14, 2013, 04:47:09 PM

Come on man, Tryvon beat the shit out of Zimmerman because he didn't know he had a gun.
Tryvon was a criminal and a delinquent beating people up, until he beat the shit out of the wrong guy.

You don't wake up and say "I'm gonna start beating people up!".
You build up violence as part of your possible answers to a given issue.
You make violence one of your tools for conflict resolution.

That, is what happened.
Tryvon fucked with an armed man, and Colts Rule is golden.

If an unarmed stranger accosts you at night, flashes his gun and tell you you are coming with him, what do you do?

Kleves

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 05:14:21 PM
He could simply have flashed it as he was making his citizens arrest.  After all he didn't want him to get away, cause "those punks always get away".
So your theory is that Trayvon attacked him because he knew that Zimmerman had a gun?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 05:15:28 PM
If an unarmed stranger accosts you at night, flashes his gun and tell you you are coming with him, what do you do?

I don't know, does he have his toes on the trigger?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Kleves on July 14, 2013, 05:17:27 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 05:14:21 PM
So your theory is that Trayvon attacked him because he knew that Zimmerman had a gun?

Cause being kidnapped by armed men works out so well for Blacks in the South.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 12:37:52 PM
That's why, contrary to derwhitey and 11HeyBoy's typically racist prognostications, there would be no rioting for flat screen TVs;  all the protesters quietly went home.  Why?  Because the black community in Florida has seen this movie before, and they've known what side the justice system is on for a very long time. 

What racist prognostication did I make?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall