The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2013, 01:44:41 AM
Anytime somebody gets gunned down, especially in public, I expect at least that.

Even when there's not nearly enough evidence to successfully prosecute?  Weird.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 10:09:36 AM
Anytime somebody gets gunned down, especially in public, I expect at least that.

Yeah weird that the police should choose to charge the most likely suspect. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Melitha Harrith Perry's rant on MSNBC was entertaining.  Overreact much?  :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Now Russell Simmons's "Political Director" is on MSNBC now #lolwtf

Valmy

What is weird is that an unarmed person could be gunned down in the street, not breaking into a  home or anything, and we know who did it and somehow this is not even sufficient in your world to even have a Grand Jury hearing.  What does it take Spicey? 

Besides I reject your entire premise.  They did indict the guy, we had a long trial and the jury deliberated for hours before reaching their decision.  In what bizarre universe does that show there was not nearly enough evidence?  And naturally the whole idea that you can explicitely disobey law enforcement, stalk somebody, and provoke a confrontation resulting in an unnecessarily shooting of a minor and no crime has been committed is pretty...well I am not even sure what to think about that. 

It seems to me it casts doubt on the idea that law abiding citizens can safely carry guns, because it seems this guy obeyed the laws and we still have somebody dead for no other reason than somebody was legally carrying.  I mean this should have just been a fist fight and that Martin kid should be doing community service now.  Now I am not saying we need to repeal all carry laws but if we are going to have them this kind of shit cannot happen.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 10:44:08 AM
Now Russell Simmons's "Political Director" is on MSNBC now #lolwtf

Yeah MSNBC is a joke, but so are all those cable news stations.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

What is weird is that an unarmed person could be gunned down in the street, not breaking into a  home or anything, and we know who did it and somehow this is not even sufficient in your world to indict.  What does it take Spicey?

As long as the victim is a young black man, derwhitey doesn't care.  It's a segment of the population that, as victims, simply does not matter.

QuoteBesides I reject your entire premise.  They did indict the guy, we had a long trial and the jury deliberated for hours before reaching their decision.  In what bizarre universe does that show there was not nearly enough evidence?  And naturally the whole idea that you can explicitely disobey law enforcement, stalk somebody, and provoke a confrontation resulting in an unnecessarily shooting of a minor and no crime has been committed it pretty...well I am not even sure what to think about that.

They weren't going to charge him anyway, and it took political goading to do it;  Sanford's reputation as a bulwark of civil rights isn't exactly sterling, and it's Florida.

That's why, contrary to derwhitey and 11HeyBoy's typically racist prognostications, there would be no rioting for flat screen TVs;  all the protesters quietly went home.  Why?  Because the black community in Florida has seen this movie before, and they've known what side the justice system is on for a very long time. 

QuoteIt seems to me it casts doubt on the idea that law abiding citizens can safely carry guns, because it seems this guy obeyed the laws and we still have somebody dead for no other reason than somebody was legally carrying.  I mean this should have just been a fist fight and that Martin kid should be doing community service now.

"Legally" carrying is a bit of a stretch for Florida.  Plenty of other states with more reasonable handgun laws would not issue a concealed carry permit to somebody previously charged with battery on a police officer, a participant of a court-ordered alcohol treatment program and a prior restraining order against him by his ex-wife.

But the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, especially when it comes to their favorite vigilante pastime in the South:  killing the Young Black Male.

Scipio

Oddly enough, I think statistics will demonstrate that more YBMs die north of Mason-Dixon, where the North has set the niggers free, to quote Randy Newman.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on July 14, 2013, 12:46:30 PM
Oddly enough, I think statistics will demonstrate that more YBMs die north of Mason-Dixon, where the North has set the niggers free, to quote Randy Newman.

And that's why the real issue is, in the end, guns.  But we can't talk about that.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 12:48:35 PM
Quote from: Scipio on July 14, 2013, 12:46:30 PM

And that's why the real issue is, in the end, guns.  But we can't talk about that.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/state-map-gun-suicides-traffic-deaths

Surprise, surprise surprise.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Scipio

As to the verdict, this is why we have grand juries: so as to not waste the nation's motherfucking time.

And what happened in this case?  Incompetent, ambitious prosecutors bypassed the grand jury process, and made fools of themselves and the system in public, on purpose.  WTG, Angela Corey and Bernie de La Rionda.  You have made all prosecutors look stupider than anyone since the Casey Anthony trial.  Which was the high water mark following OJ.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 12:54:18 PM
Quote from: Scipio on July 14, 2013, 12:48:56 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/state-map-gun-suicides-traffic-deaths

Surprise, surprise surprise.

What's your point?
Look at all those states in the North with more gun killings than car-related deaths, and the fact that those states include gun-control paradises California and Illinois.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on July 14, 2013, 01:09:59 PM
Look at all those states in the North with more gun killings than car-related deaths, and the fact that those states include gun-control paradises California and Illinois.

OK, then let's not do anything about it then.  Sound logic, counselor.