The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2013, 07:10:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 01:53:28 PM
Catching a little of the live stream on ABC between conference calls.  Please speak up, Ms. Rachel Jeantel!!! :angry:
CREEPY ASS CRACKA

I'd like to claim that title for Languish, in case you haven't already done so.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2013, 04:39:19 PM
Quote from: frunk on June 26, 2013, 04:28:30 PM
Look at how many civil court shows, police/court procedurals there are on tv.  It shouldn't be that surprising.

Yeah, but that fiction.  It's like the difference between watching "Black Hawk Down" and watching Siege policing up the barracks.

A mate of mine said when they were on exercise in Norway with Americans, when it was the Yanks turn to mount guard duty, the British guys generally 'hid' from their trigger happy allies. :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Capetan Mihali

So, I haven't been following this much, but at the outset my instinct was that this was Zimmerman & Co.'s trial to lose... the knock-knock shit seems more than a little dubious, but second-degree murder beyond a reasonable doubt still seems like an awful big stretch.  Did they agree on lesser-includeds?  I wouldn't be surprised if the jury tries to split the difference by coming back with a manslaughter, or just mistrials after a few days. 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

I think a mistrial/hung jury is inevitable.  I don't see how they can unanimously say he's guilty of second degree murder, yet I I'd be shocked if the black juror votes to acquit.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 07:40:42 PM
I think a mistrial/hung jury is inevitable.  I don't see how they can unanimously say he's guilty of second degree murder, yet I I'd be shocked if the black juror votes to acquit.

Cause you know how those people are.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2013, 07:49:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 07:40:42 PM

Cause you know how those people are.

They called it ethnic vote.
All those minority types vote for their dudes, no matter what's right.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

PDH

Quote from: Siege on June 26, 2013, 08:29:24 PM

They called it ethnic vote.
All those minority types vote for their dudes, no matter what's right.

I understand that is what the Jews do.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2013, 04:24:51 PM
C'mon now.  It's the same demographic that watches soap operas.  What else do you want them to do with their time?

:whistle:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

derspiess

Anyway, it sounds like I missed some pure TV gold while I was out of it and/or sleeping today.  Ms. Jeantel claimed she couldn't read cursive, told the defense attorney "That's real retarded, sir" (see video below), and said that calling someone a "creepy-ass cracker" isn't offensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N-Rw-4EOMBw

I'm sure her court nails still looked nice.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2013, 09:00:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2013, 11:11:37 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 08:22:03 PM
Care to wager, Raz?

What would we be wagering, and what what are the positions?

Don't feign cluelessness.

If asking what we are betting is invalid, then I'm not making a wagering. :lol:

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on June 27, 2013, 09:07:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2013, 09:00:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2013, 11:11:37 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 08:22:03 PM
Care to wager, Raz?

What would we be wagering, and what what are the positions?

Don't feign cluelessness.

If asking what we are betting is invalid, then I'm not making a wagering. :lol:

Figured it was implicit.  Just a straight-up bet on how the black juror votes.