The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 01:53:28 PM
Please speak up, Ms. Rachel Jeantel!!! :angry:

No joke.  I'm having flashbacks to District Court.

derspiess

Seriously.  I don't have speakers here, and I'm limited to my crappy headphones.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Oh dear Lord, I hope for the prosecution's sake that she's not their main witness. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

She's the last one that ever spoke to him.  So yeah, she is.

Personally, I think the cop yesterday was their best witness.

Malthus

It is just bizzare to me how criminal trials are popular entertainment in the US.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on June 26, 2013, 04:04:21 PM
It is just bizzare to me how criminal trials are popular entertainment in the US.

They usually aren't for me.

Caliga

I agree, and I find it disturbing.  Back when I created a thread about the Jodi Arias trial, I went on HuffPo to look up some info on it, and I happened to notice in the comment thread for the article I was looking at that there are actually people who were so obsessed with the trial that they were like, online friends and were having conversations back and forth in the comments thread and it basically seemed that their lives revolved around it.  I was completely floored that people would be that into some random chick's murder trial. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

C'mon now.  It's the same demographic that watches soap operas.  What else do you want them to do with their time?

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2013, 04:24:51 PM
C'mon now.  It's the same demographic that watches soap operas.  What else do you want them to do with their time?
Work?  Vacuum?  Make me a damn sandwich?

frunk

Look at how many civil court shows, police/court procedurals there are on tv.  It shouldn't be that surprising.

Razgovory

Quote from: frunk on June 26, 2013, 04:28:30 PM
Look at how many civil court shows, police/court procedurals there are on tv.  It shouldn't be that surprising.

Yeah, but that fiction.  It's like the difference between watching "Black Hawk Down" and watching Siege policing up the barracks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

frunk

Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2013, 04:39:19 PM
Quote from: frunk on June 26, 2013, 04:28:30 PM

Yeah, but that fiction.  It's like the difference between watching "Black Hawk Down" and watching Siege policing up the barracks.

The civil court shows are generally realistic, with actual litigants.

Barrister

I get my fill of courtroom drama at work, I don't need to watch or even hear about it at home. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Actual reality TV
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 01:53:28 PM
Catching a little of the live stream on ABC between conference calls.  Please speak up, Ms. Rachel Jeantel!!! :angry:
CREEPY ASS CRACKA