The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on July 03, 2013, 03:00:45 PM
while the analysis in the Orlando Sentinel claimed the state had been devastated.

Zimmerman to cops and Fox News: "'Stand Your Ground' law?  Never heard of it."
Zimmerman's Criminal Justice Instructor: "'Stand Your Ground' law?  Yeah, we covered it in my class."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on July 03, 2013, 03:27:10 PM
Those who can't teach, teach.

No shit!  :lol:  And you can always tell who they are, because they complain about their students.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on July 02, 2013, 07:32:49 PM

Guys, if you google image search this lady, this thread is the 2nd result. :gasp:

Are 'we' doing something  right or wrong or is Concrete's googlefu awesome? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on July 03, 2013, 07:44:49 PM
Guys, if you google image search this lady, this thread is the 2nd result. :gasp:

Are 'we' doing something  right or wrong or is Concrete's googlefu awesome? :unsure:

Or Google knows you frequent this site.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on July 01, 2013, 06:38:40 PM
Funny how the anti-Zim narrative shifted so quickly.  Up through last week, it held that Zim stalked and attacked an innocent cherubish Trayvon and decided to murder him in cold blood.  That seems to have seamlessly shifted to badass Trayvon knowing how to throw down (admirable quality) & beating the shit out of the cracka (which is not an offensive term), then the cracka being so humiliated that he shot Trayvon after it was all over.  Wonder if that is set in stone or if it will change next week.
That was what I never understood. Surely if anyone should be protected by a stand your ground law it's the person being followed around who should, if they're able, be able to confront their stalker.

Incidentally in the UK the Supreme Court can be watched online, but they're starting to allow more cameras into courts. I think a Scottish murder retrial is going to be broadcast soon and then the Scottish courts are going to review the experience and decide how to continue. The Scottish courts allowed sentencing to be filmed before:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9211137/David-Gilroy-sentenced-in-first-televised-court-case.html
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 03, 2013, 07:51:51 PM

Nope, I've just tried it in a cleaned firefox install, and 11b4vs languish link/this thread is the 2nd result in the image search.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadBurgerMaker

QuoteThat was what I never understood. Surely if anyone should be protected by a stand your ground law it's the person being followed around who should, if they're able, be able to confront their stalker.

Tell them to fuck off?  Sure, although he doesn't have to go anywhere.  Smash their head into the ground repeatedly?  Not so much.  Both of them were perfectly free to be where they were.

Related:

Is this right? Martin was in the backyard of his dad's house (according to the girl he was on the phone with), then went all the way back to where the shooting happened?

E:  My wife was telling me there's some shit about the cops fucking up evidence and something about Zimmerman's DNA not being under Martin's fingernails?  What was the evidence that got fucked up, and why would they be expecting DNA under his fingernails?

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on July 03, 2013, 08:11:28 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 03, 2013, 07:51:51 PM

Nope, I've just tried it in a cleaned firefox install, and 11b4vs languish link/this thread is the 2nd result in the image search.   :hmm:

:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

OttoVonBismarck

Has anyone been following the trial? Has anything changed that makes it look like Zimmerman might actually get convicted or does it still sort of seem like a crime the prosecution has no hope of proving beyond reasonable doubt? I wasn't able to sustain much interest in this case after the first few months of the drama when it first started so haven't followed the trial at all.

CountDeMoney

I dunno, Otto.  A jury of six soccer moms could go in any direction.

Everybody goofs on Jenteal, but her testimony from listening to the duration of the event on the phone was pretty solid.
The DNA expert from yesterday testified that no Zimmerman DNA was on either of Martin's hands or clothes, who allegedly was "grounding and pounding" Zimmerman to cookie dough.  Can't really bitch about the DNA evidence collection at the scene or chain of custody, because they had solid collections from Zimmerman and his clothing.

Personally, it seems to me Zimmerman took some liberal license as to his side of the story on what happened, but you can do that when you're the only one alive.  I just don't buy the "You're going to die tonight" Martin quote.

I think it comes down to whose timeline the jury's going to believe, Zimmerman's or the combined Jenteal/911 operator, and whether or not they believe you're a victim because you had to use a gun when you're losing a fight you started.

Kleves

Is there any physical evidence that Zimmerman started the fight (by which I mean a physical altercation, not just following Trayvon around)?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.