News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Xmas 2014 - The Languish Way.

Started by mongers, December 22, 2014, 06:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 22, 2014, 03:48:49 PM
In Paris for Christmas for a famiiy wedding for the SATVRNALIA. A bottle of champagne (real stuff for you garbonites) will also be opened for the birth of the most famous Jewish anarchist ever.

Well I am drinking Veuve Clicquot this Christmas as everyone seems to love to give it as a professional gift. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Have to be at work so late tomorrow that I can't do Christmas Eve with either my extended family or with S'.  Probably gonna come home and get myself a little tipsy for Christmas because I'm depressed about how crappily this one is going.
Experience bij!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Got gifts for Dawid, my mom, my dad, Rufus and my Ukrainian cleaning lady. Still need to get something for the concierge in the morning.

Sheilbh

Had two long weekends with friends drinking and eating. Almost died of over-indulgence. Now I'm back home for the final feast of the season  :menace:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: PJL on December 22, 2014, 03:24:40 PM
Quote from: Zanza on December 22, 2014, 01:03:29 PM
My office is closed until 7th January, so I couldn't even work if I wanted to. I am at my parents place now and will visit friends and family all over Northern Germany in the next days.

Spanish holidays are certainly an epiphany to those who are more used to Anglo-Saxon holidays... :D

Spanish holidays are the 30 days out of the year you actually work, right? :(

Anyway, I did Xmas with my folks already since I'm avoiding my sister. I got some great gifts, including a gift so good I already bought it two years ago. :lol:

I'm working every day but real Xmas Day and New Years, because I'm not a lazy shitty Euro, I only wish I was.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Oh, and Real Xmas will be spent cleaning, writing, and going to go see Big Eyes and The Imitation Game by myself. The woman who may or may not sleep with me again will be back Sunday, which may or may not be nice.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

Sittin' here in Queens
Eatin' refried beans
We're in all the magazines
Gulpin' down Thorazines

The Ramones pretty much summed it up. 

It's always fun going two blocks and crossing the invisible line to a world where there are no Christmas lights or trees, Santa is unheard of, and all stores are open full hours on Christmas Day, almost all the inhabitants being of the Hebraic persuasion, the serious kind, not your classic Jewish-American "Chinese food and a movie" Christmas. 

Plus fun driving for me all the way down there in the dark and rain tonight.  We'll be gulping down tranquilizers for sure, but no Thorazine for me, thanks.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Barrister on December 22, 2014, 03:38:05 PM
I have Dec 24-January 1st off as government holidays. :)

Interesting.  Our courts are open December 24th and 26th-31st.  Only Christmas and New Year's Day are holidays. 

Thanksgiving is a holiday, but the day after technically isn't.  We go through a comical pretense where the governor, sometime in October, decides that his state employees have worked so darn hard this year, he's giving them the Friday after as a state holiday.  It happens every single year from time immemorial, but it can't be put on the calendar or anything.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Ideologue

I feel bad for anybody awaiting an arraignment in Alberta.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 23, 2014, 06:31:53 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 22, 2014, 03:38:05 PM
I have Dec 24-January 1st off as government holidays. :)

Interesting.  Our courts are open December 24th and 26th-31st.  Only Christmas and New Year's Day are holidays. 

Well they do Boxing Day on the 26th, right?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

I feel bad for the dudes I did arraignments for today who got locked up. :(  And the fucking jail phones weren't working so I couldn't call my clients who are held and just say "Hey, I haven't forgotten about you and I know you're in for Christmas."  Maybe I'll try from my cell phone tomorrow when I'm in NY.

But really, I was on fire at arraignments today, all passion and oratory.  Kept guys out who I really, really thought were going to be held. :yeah:

Ideologue

I recognized the colors magenta and red today. I'm still at work, because I'm not lazy.
Kinemalogue