News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Siege

Trump for the win.
Lets make America great again, despite the wishes of the Democratic party

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Phillip V

I just bought four Trump hats.  For birthday gag gifts, of course.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

no, cher, because the "i" isn't lowercase

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2016, 12:38:01 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 14, 2016, 12:35:29 PM
Let's be plain.  This is a man who as part of his official campaign pronouncements has cited the 1950s era "Opearation Weback" as a model for immigration policy, who cited Japanese internment as a model for his policy re Muslim entry, and played footsie with the Klan.  This is not a dog whistle politics.  This is a lifeguard whistle blowing loud and clear.   It doesn't matter whether Trump truly is a racist (he has Black friends!) or whether he would govern more moderately than (say) Cruz, or whether he is just responding to working-class "anger".  There are lines that once crossed should be disqualifying to maintain a claim to be a decent society.  Trump crossed them, there is no defense.

Hmm, someone feels threatened.
When a fascist is attempting to rise to power, we are all threatened, even those of us who do not yet comprehend the danger.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on March 14, 2016, 02:53:57 PM
Trump for the win.
Lets make America great again, despite the wishes of the Democratic party

I thought you were all free market now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

alfred russel

Quote from: celedhring on March 14, 2016, 05:21:19 PM
America: electing Hitler since 2000.

We took a break in 2008 and 2012. Also in 2000 we didn't mean to--our election process doesn't elect the guy with the most votes for some reason, and out ballots confused a bunch of people to vote for the wrong guy. So really just 2004. No excuse for that one, to be honest.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Quote from: alfred russel on March 14, 2016, 05:27:35 PM

We took a break in 2008 and 2012. Also in 2000 we didn't mean to--our election process doesn't elect the guy with the most votes for some reason, and out ballots confused a bunch of people to vote for the wrong guy. So really just 2004. No excuse for that one, to be honest.

Obama is Hitler too, just to the crowd that didn't think that Bush was Hitler.

Tonitrus

Reagan could have been a Hitler if we wasn't so damned congenial.  :(

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: celedhring on March 14, 2016, 05:36:52 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 14, 2016, 05:27:35 PM

Obama is Hitler too, just to the crowd that didn't think that Bush was Hitler.

"George Bush Hitler" gets almost twice as many Google results as "Barack Obama Hitler." By this highly scientific method, we can see that George Bush was twice the Hitler as Obama.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 14, 2016, 05:43:22 PM
Reagan could have been a Hitler if we wasn't so damned congenial.  :(

Reagan got worse during the '80 election, though: "Ronald Wilson Reagan" = 666 = Marka da devil = End times, courtesy global thermonuclear war