And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 26, 2016, 10:06:37 AM
Quote from: Kleves on February 26, 2016, 08:46:29 AM
Is Kasich doing anything other than helping Trump at this point?

Building name recognition for 2020 if the Republicans don't win; angling for a VP/cabinet pick if they do.

Surely he's antagonizing the party's establishment though.

alfred russel

He also only told you guys about Alfred Russel and not my other active sock puppet, so I should give him credit for that.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on February 26, 2016, 02:46:14 PM
He also only told you guys about Alfred Russel and not my other active sock puppet, so I should give him credit for that.

Dude we already know it is DGuller.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: celedhring on February 26, 2016, 02:45:44 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 26, 2016, 10:06:37 AM
Quote from: Kleves on February 26, 2016, 08:46:29 AM
Is Kasich doing anything other than helping Trump at this point?

Building name recognition for 2020 if the Republicans don't win; angling for a VP/cabinet pick if they do.

Surely he's antagonizing the party's establishment though.

The establishment has already demonstrated how powerless they are in the face of Trump, the Tea Party, and everyone else. The only thing the GOP establishment has done well is piss away millions of dollars.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on February 26, 2016, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2016, 03:20:12 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on February 26, 2016, 12:54:14 PM
Governor Chris Christie Endorses Donald Trump

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/26/chris-christie-endorses-donald-trump/

Unfuckingbelievable.  :(

The guy grew up in New Jersey and is a Cowboys fan. You shouldn't be so shocked to see him bandwagoning.

It would be weird if he became Trump's VP. A New York-New Jersey alliance?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Giuliani must not be far behind then.  :hmm:

It'll give the media something to chew on over the weekend.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

If we just stick with the "establishment lane" republicans, how is it that a field starting with the (in republican terms) successful governor of Wisconsin, the successful governor of Ohio, the successful former governor of Florida, the governor of Louisiana, a conservative governor of New Jersey, and a rather famous former governor of Arkansas down to a freshman senator from Florida that seems undistinguished in every way and appears unable to be competitive in his own state in the primary?

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Monoriu

I agree that change is necessary and, to an outsider like me, the US system of campaign finance looks suspiciously like legalised bribing, but there must be less harmful solutions than Donald Trump. 

derspiess

I heard Kasich is going to endorse him, even before he drops out!  :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall