2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Oh and

QuoteLimbaugh said Trump's critics on the left were being hypocritical:

"You can do anything, the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent," Limbaugh said, in a clip published by Media Matters. "If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police."

Many took to social media to explain to Limbaugh that the rape police were in fact just the police.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

And such a poor loser.

QuoteTrump campaign chair on Bill Clinton: 'we're going to turn him into Bill Cosby'

A senior Trump adviser tells Bloomberg the campaign will soon bring forward new accusers: "Women are coming to us who have been groped or sexually abused by Bill Clinton." Bloomberg reports:

Trump is considering featuring these women at campaign rallies to "give witness to what Hillary Clinton actually did." ...

On Thursday night, the Trump campaign will begin a new media blitz, his advisers say, with Broaddrick, Willey, and Jones appearing together on a one-hour Fox News special hosted by Sean Hannity. Additional interviews will follow.

The move to further amplify the campaign's focus on Bill Clinton's past relationships with women comes amid fresh allegations of Trump's misbehavior...

"She's led a program of victim intimidation," [Trump campaign CEO Stephen] Bannon told Trump staffers, according to two advisers who were present. "This has nothing to do with consensual sexual affairs and infidelities. This is Bill. We're going to turn him into Bill Cosby."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2016, 10:13:33 AM
Oh and

QuoteLimbaugh said Trump's critics on the left were being hypocritical:

"You can do anything, the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent," Limbaugh said, in a clip published by Media Matters. "If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police."

Many took to social media to explain to Limbaugh that the rape police were in fact just the police.

... which I also just posted. ;) Still, it must be a sign of him going senile that he thinks that sexual acts without consent is not a big deal and doesn't require indignant outrage.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Fate on October 12, 2016, 11:54:49 PM
Coming to a 4 to 4 divided Supreme Court near you...

Donald J. Trump v. the New York Times

Kasowitz.  Figures.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 10:13:17 AM
... which I also just posted. ;) Still, it must be a sign of him going senile that he thinks that sexual acts without consent is not a big deal and doesn't require indignant outrage.

I used to listen to his show all the time. Anybody who liked Reagan and Bush I, and I did at the time, thought he was great. And then sometime in the 90s I was like 'Oh wow Rush has lost his damn mind'. Clinton really unhinged the guy and I only think it got worse after that. Granted it has been a really long time.

For a guy who used to talk about self-empowerment and personal responsibility all the time this is pretty sad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

I just mentally read that Limbaugh quote with Stephen Colbert's voice and it just fits. Poe's Law never ceases to amaze me.

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on October 13, 2016, 10:43:36 AM
I just mentally read that Limbaugh quote with Stephen Colbert's voice and it just fits. Poe's Law never ceases to amaze me.

Well, d'uh.  Who do you think Colbert was parodying all those years?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 10:49:02 AM
Quote from: celedhring on October 13, 2016, 10:43:36 AM

Well, d'uh.  Who do you think Colbert was parodying all those years?

That's why I'm saying it, Limbaugh has finally caught up with his parody  :lol:

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2016, 10:39:41 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 10:13:17 AM

I used to listen to his show all the time. Anybody who liked Reagan and Bush I, and I did at the time, thought he was great. And then sometime in the 90s I was like 'Oh wow Rush has lost his damn mind'. Clinton really unhinged the guy and I only think it got worse after that. Granted it has been a really long time.

For a guy who used to talk about self-empowerment and personal responsibility all the time this is pretty sad.

Where did you go so wrong Valmy? :weep:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Has he? AFAIK Valmy is fiscally conservative. It seems to me that the GOP has just crowded out those from the party.

frunk

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 10:50:13 AM
Where did you go so wrong Valmy? :weep:

Have you really not been paying attention to what the Republicans have become over the past 20 years?  I'm willing to bet that Valmy has changed less than the political parties.

Zoupa

Valmy

Yeah it is a long story. The Clinton Years were a turning point for me. The conservatives seemed to be the people who were about empowering people and using rationality for their policy choices. The leftists seemed like a bunch of overly-emotional nutcases. But then Clinton came along and all the conservatives went crazy. Or rather maybe their craziness just became apparent to me.

Now they want to engage in trade wars, stir up international conflicts, and base all their policy decisions on misguided ideology rather than rationality. Oh and stubborn obstructionism. They went from 'Morning in America' and the can do party to the 'WE ARE ALL DOOMED' party. I swear to God half the conservatives I know now talk like they are building bunkers in their backyards for whatever fantastical apocalypse they think is coming. Our governor had the national guard watching the US military during a maneuver in case a military coup occurred. You think that crazy shit would have happened in 1988? Only the craziest of hippy fucks would have been doing that kind of nonsense.

The Democrats are a bunch of sell-outs, but I prefer sell-outs. Sometimes it is the mature and adult choice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."