2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

I am surprised that this is what brings him down.  I mean, Trump has said so many much more offensive and idiotic things in the past.  The hot mic tapes of course contain horrific comments, but they don't seem to be the worst things that he has said.  But I am not complaining.  As long as it works. 

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 12, 2016, 08:02:33 PM
Crazy Gender gaps in the recent polls

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-women-are-defeating-donald-trump/
QuoteMorning Consult   Clinton +6   Clinton +4
PRRI/The Atlantic   Clinton +33   Trump +11

Yes. A gap somewhere between 2 and 44 points. Pretty crazy gap.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on October 12, 2016, 09:44:24 PM
I am surprised that this is what brings him down.  I mean, Trump has said so many much more offensive and idiotic things in the past.  The hot mic tapes of course contain horrific comments, but they don't seem to be the worst things that he has said.  But I am not complaining.  As long as it works. 

A farce of a candidate gets taken down for a farce of a reason.

But just goes to show that if they had a screaming nutcase who was not also the king of sleaze they might have won. People are taking note. But I guess the question is can something like The Donald(tm) be manufactured on purpose? Somebody is going to try.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on October 12, 2016, 09:44:24 PM

I suspect it's because it requires the sophistication and understanding of an 8th grader to see why Trump's proposals are really bad ideas. Negotiate a discount on the national debt?  Sounds great!  Only defend NATO members that pay enough?  Why not?  Start a trade war?  We'll be rich! Etc. But Anyone can see why grabbing the pussy of random attractive women is not good behavior.

Fate

Drip. Drip. Drip. New story from People Magazine titled "Physically Attacked by Donald Trump – A PEOPLE Writer's Own Harrowing Story"

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-attacked-people-writer/

I've lost track of how many new women there are. How many more to come?

Monoriu

What's astonishing to me is that, after everything Trump has said and done, roughly 40% of the American electorate still want to vote for him.  Many esteemed Republican officials still endorse or support him.  This is totally bewildering to me.  In my mind, somebody like him should be polling less than 1% support. 

Admiral Yi

Paddy Power odds now 2/11 Hill 9/2 Drumpf

Syt

If the allegations are true I wouldn't be surprised if Trump thought he did nothing wrong. I'm pretty sure that unless a woman is kicking and screaming against his advances he thinks it's consensual.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Fate

Coming to a 4 to 4 divided Supreme Court near you...

Donald J. Trump v. the New York Times

jimmy olsen

The last time the NYT fought a libel case they won 9-0. They're going to win this one too.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

10 quatloos says he never even files a case.

jimmy olsen

He's also talking about suing individual women. Might be an oppurtunity for some high profile pro bono work Minsky. Is that a tax deductible act of charity?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

The law suit regarding the rape of a 13 year old sounds a bit iffy:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/12/donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein-alleged-rape-lawsuit

Quote[...]

The court order gives no details of the legal complaint raised by "Jane Doe". It instructs all parties to the case to set out in advance the nature of the allegations and the "principal defenses", as well as any previous motions and discovery as well as the "estimated length of trial".

The original federal lawsuit, filed in June, alleged that "Jane Doe" was sexually assaulted by Trump in 1994 at Epstein's Manhattan home. Further claims were made that the real estate billionaire raped the then teenager at parties hosted by Epstein on the Upper East Side.

The Guardian investigation found that a publicist calling himself "Al Taylor" attempted to sell the video tape of "Jane Doe" relating her allegations for $1m. It linked Taylor through a variety of means including shared email addresses and phone numbers to Norm Lubow, who used to work on Jerry Springer's daytime talk show.

Lubow was connected to a contentious claim, raised in the 1998 documentary movie Kurt and Courtney, that Courtney Love offered a fellow musician $50,000 to murder her husband, Kurt Cobain of Nirvana. Love denied the charge.

According to the New York Post, Lubow was also behind a tabloid newspaper story that OJ Simpson bought illicit drugs on the day his estranged wife Nicole Brown was killed.

When the Guardian quizzed "Al Taylor" about his true identity, the publicist replied: "Just be warned, we'll sue you if we don't like what you write. We'll sue your ass, own your ass and own your newspaper's ass as well, punk." :lol:

The Trump presidential campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the forthcoming court proceedings. A lawyer for the Trump Organization told the Guardian in July: "This is basically a sham lawsuit brought by someone who desires to impact the presidential election."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.