2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 07, 2016, 10:40:54 AM
156,000 jobs created in September.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/economy-created-156-000-jobs-in-september-229272

QuoteRepublicans were less impressed. David Malpass, senior economic adviser to Donald Trump, called the jobs report "weak" and said it "shows a troubling long-term trend: After seven hard years of the Clinton-Obama administration their policies still can't produce better-paying jobs and upward mobility."

Words fail me. Aye, her 4 year tenure as Secretary of State surely shaped Obama's labor policy  :lol:

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 07, 2016, 10:12:14 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 07, 2016, 10:08:53 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 07, 2016, 09:08:01 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 07, 2016, 08:21:22 AM
http://www.theonion.com/infographic/fact-checking-first-presidential-debate-54037

:lol:

Not one of their strongest efforts.
You can say that about everything from them in the last 10 years.

They have their moments every once in a while.

This election must be a real problem for them. Their form of comedy relies on over-the-top satire. How do you create an over-the-top satire of Trump? He's already doing a better job of that than they ever could.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on October 07, 2016, 10:17:17 AM
Most of their best writers left in the 2000s to work for TV, and they haven't been able to replace them.

Met Vebber at a conference a couple years ago.  Writers Guild strike didn't help.  Just the last of many nails.

Razgovory

So has the GOP just given up pretending they aren't racist at this point?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/06/politics/robby-mook-clinton-florida-voter-registration-hurricane/index.html

QuoteWashington (CNN)Florida Gov. Rick Scott says he will not extend the deadline for voter registration in the state despite concerns over the impact of Hurricane Matthew.

The Republican governor told reporters Thursday he doesn't "intend to make changes," saying "people have had time to register."

Hillary Clinton's campaign earlier Thursday had called on Florida officials to extend the state's Tuesday voter registration deadline because of Hurricane Matthew's potential disruption of late sign-ups.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Saw earlier this AM that 85,000 Floridians registered to vote in the last week of the deadline in 2012;  an estimated 70,000 of them voted Obama.  Yay, voter suppression.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"Grab them by the pussy"

I was prepared to shrug this one off until I read what he said and remembered he was 60 at the time.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299885-trump-caught-on-hot-mic-in-lewd-conversation-about-women

QuoteTrump caught on hot mic in lewd conversation about women

Donald Trump has made a rare half-apology after being caught on a hot mic making lewd comments about trying to have sex with women.

"This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago," Trump said in a statement released minutes after The Washington Post published audio of the Republican presidential nominee making explicit comments about women.

"[Former President] Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close," Trump added. "I apologize if anyone was offended."

In the leaked audio, apparently recorded while Trump was on a bus with former Access Hollywood host Billy Bush, Trump talks about trying — and failing — to have sex with an unnamed woman. He had been married to his wife Melania for a few months at the time of the conversation.

"I did try and f--k her. She was married," Trump says, according to the audio published by the Post.

"And I moved on her very heavily," he says. "In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, 'I'll show you where they have some nice furniture.' "

"I moved on her like a b---h, but I couldn't get there. And she was married," Trump says. "Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look."

At another point in the recording, Trump is heard saying that "when you're a star," women let you "do anything."

"Grab them by the p---y," he says.

The leaked audio couldn't come at a worse time for Trump, who is trying to recover from a disappointing presidential debate performance, during which Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton needled him for making derogatory comments about a former Miss Universe, Alicia Machado.

Trump doubled down after the controversy, saying Machado had gained too much weight and incorrectly alleging that she had participated in a sex video.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Barrister

All the other shit Trump has said and done though, but a 10 year old tape about him wanting to sleep around and using vulgar language hardly even registers.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Barrister on October 07, 2016, 04:30:56 PM
All the other shit Trump has said and done though, but a 10 year old tape about him wanting to sleep around and using vulgar language hardly even registers.

I dunno. He's almost admitting that he sexually assaulted this woman, on tape.

It certainly won't do him any favors with female undecided voters.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

I can't imagine the kinds of hoops establishment Republicans will fling themselves through to try to defend this  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 07, 2016, 04:46:02 PM
I can't imagine the kinds of hoops establishment Republicans will fling themselves through to try to defend this  :lol:

That's easy "private conversation, locker room talk, boys will be boys" kind of thing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Close to BB's summary, from what I can tell: "It's not a big deal. Dudes talk about who they want to fuck all the time. It's just normal locker room banter. Everyone does it."

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on October 07, 2016, 04:47:06 PM

That's easy "private conversation, locker room talk, boys will be boys" kind of thing.

On the flipside, who wants a present known for having said grab them by the pussy?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.