News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2016, 10:54:40 AMYou're going to get your precious Hillary in the White House.

QuoteHillary Clinton's unpopularity reached a new high in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, putting her on par with Donald Trump among registered voters.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/poll-clinton-unpopularity-high-par-trump/story?id=41752050

:hmm:

Race is still very volatile.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

Quote from: Legbiter on August 31, 2016, 01:35:17 PM

But it isn't, really.  Post conventions Trump has consistently been behind 4-8 points.

When is Trump set to meet with Nieto?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

Quote from: Barrister on August 31, 2016, 01:39:45 PM

But it isn't, really.  Post conventions Trump has consistently been behind 4-8 points.

The question is will the Obama coalition transfer neatly over to her. We'll know the answer in November.  ^_^

Razgovory

Quote from: Legbiter on August 31, 2016, 02:02:29 PM

The question is will the Obama coalition transfer neatly over to her. We'll know the answer in November.  ^_^

We already know.  And Trump and his followers will be revealed for the fat, disgusting losers they are. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

When is Trump set to meet with Nieto?
Especially in most battleground states. Trump is doing better in some traditional Democrat states (but not enough to make them competitive) which does show in national polls.

QuoteThe question is will the Obama coalition transfer neatly over to her. We'll know the answer in November.  ^_^
Yeah, probably. College educated plus minorities. Minorities were Clinton's strength in the primaries and there's no sign that they're being wooed by Trump. College educated was Trump's weakness in the primaries and there's some evidence that college educated white Southerners are now joining the rest of that demographic and moving to the Democrats in this election.

The hope for Trump isn't that Clinton doesn't get the Obama coalition - the evidence so far is that she is overwhelmingly winning that coalition - it's that he is able to create a new coalition and, perhaps like Brexit, able to convince people who are discounted by pollsters because they don't normally vote that actually this time they should. That's not impossible, but it does seem a little unlikely.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Trump is failing to get the Romney coalition. :homestar:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

I agree with Shelf. The Obama coalition will end up voting for the Hated Hillary in droves (and maybe even these new "Clinton Republicans"), if simply to deny Lord Trump a deserved triumph down Pennsylvania Ave.

Essentially, as long as she doesn't do something stupid (lol) the election is hers. Imo, the ball is entirely in Donald's hands; he has to appeal to more than just disaffected working class whites to win.

Personally, the closer the race is the more hilarious election night will become, so I'm hoping polls tighten more. And after I failed miserably in predicting the Donald would rape and pillage the GOP, I won't make the same mistake in underestimating him or the half of the country that will vote for anything with a (R) next to its name.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Legbiter

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 31, 2016, 02:56:04 PM
Trump is failing to get the Romney coalition. :homestar:

Hah, indeed. ^_^

QuoteHillary Clinton will jump back on the campaign trail on Wednesday with a scheduled foreign policy speech in Cincinnati, Ohio in which she will reportedly boost the idea of "American exceptionalism."

The former secretary of state will be joined onstage by George W. Bush's former deputy assistant secretary of state, James Clad, who announced his endorsement in a Tuesday statement.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/clinton-james-clad-joint-appearance-cincinnati?utm_content=buffer114f2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 31, 2016, 02:59:26 PMPersonally, the closer the race is the more hilarious election night will become, so I'm hoping polls tighten more. And after I failed miserably in predicting the Donald would rape and pillage the GOP, I won't make the same mistake in underestimating him or the half of the country that will vote for anything with a (R) next to its name.

Your faith in the God-Emperor sustains me, Imperial Guardsman. :thumbsup:

But yes, Trump's on week 2 of not acting crazy and the polls continue to tighten.  ^_^  :hmm:

citizen k

Quote from: Legbiter on August 31, 2016, 03:06:21 PM

The former secretary of state will be joined onstage by George W. Bush's former deputy assistant secretary of state, James Clad, who announced his endorsement in a Tuesday statement.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/clinton-james-clad-joint-appearance-cincinnati?utm_content=buffer114f2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

They really want to make this a referendum on the establishment, don't they?  :unsure:

Legbiter

Quote from: citizen k on August 31, 2016, 03:14:18 PMThey really want to make this a referendum on the establishment, don't they?  :unsure:

Aye.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 31, 2016, 02:59:26 PM
or the half of the country that will vote for anything with a (R) next to its name.

It isn't really half anymore though, is it?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on August 31, 2016, 03:25:32 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 31, 2016, 02:59:26 PM
or the half of the country that will vote for anything with a (R) next to its name.

It isn't really half anymore though, is it?

Fair point, more like 40ish percent.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on August 31, 2016, 03:12:21 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 31, 2016, 02:59:26 PMPersonally, the closer the race is the more hilarious election night will become, so I'm hoping polls tighten more. And after I failed miserably in predicting the Donald would rape and pillage the GOP, I won't make the same mistake in underestimating him or the half of the country that will vote for anything with a (R) next to its name.

Your faith in the God-Emperor sustains me, Imperial Guardsman. :thumbsup:

But yes, Trump's on week 2 of not acting crazy and the polls continue to tighten.  ^_^  :hmm:

Real talk, I think it will be tighter than people have imagined it would be. Advantage Clinton though.

Or it'll be a blowout because Trump has no GOTV lol lmaoooooo

Who knows? Election night ought to be fun, at least.