And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 31, 2016, 01:10:04 AM
Come on, that's fucking classic.  :lol:
:yes: They may not take the road we want them to take, but at least they're very skilled navigators of that road.

garbon

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/30/politics/john-mccain-debbie-wasserman-schultz-marco-rubio-primary/

QuoteRubio, McCain, Wasserman Schultz win primaries

The incumbents won the night in several highly watched races Tuesday night. CNN projected Republican Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida and John McCain of Arizona and Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida all won their primary races Tuesday night.

Rubio, a first-term senator, faced off against wealthy businessman Carlos Beruff -- while on the Democratic side, Rep. Patrick Murphy defeated Rep. Alan Grayson and will take on Rubio in November.

Wasserman Schultz bested her Bernie Sanders-backed rival.

And McCain faced a test from Kelli Ward, a conservative 33 years McCain's junior who had suggested his age (he turned 80 on Monday) means he's too old for a sixth term.

Going into the night, four incumbents had already lost this year -- with Republican Reps. Renee Ellmers of North Carolina, Randy Forbes of Virginia and Tim Huelskamp of Kansas and indicted Democratic Rep. Chaka Fattah going down in primaries.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

QuoteAnd McCain faced a test from Kelli Ward, a conservative 33 years McCain's junior who had suggested his age (he turned 80 on Monday) means he's too old for a sixth term.

Damn. She is not wrong.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

No Kelly's with an "i" should be in the Senate.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Guys, you may not have heard this yet but Trump is meeting with the President of Mexico.  Wonder what they'll talk about :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Valmy

Or it could be that he thinks Hillary is better than Trump. But yes everybody who thinks Trump's policies suck is evil and corrupt Marty LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ

My God don't you have some Polish politics to be annoying and stupid and unfunny about?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Wow, that one hit a little close to home.  Keep going, Mart <cracks open a beer>
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2016, 08:54:26 AM
Wow, that one hit a little close to home.  Keep going, Mart <cracks open a beer>

I know, right? :D

garbon

A more sensible comment would be that there never was a revolution. A revolution from his campaign was as likely as one generated from Occupy Wallstreet.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2016, 08:54:26 AM

Do people giving Tim shit mean he 'hits a nerve'?

Being bored by the same lame shit over and over again will be annoying. I just figure that perhaps if I give Marty a hint that I would appreciate some thoughts of actual substance he will eventually stop being a fucking tiresome idiotic dumbass and actually use his brain again perhaps he will come around.

QuoteI know, right?

Or maybe not. Sad.

alfred russel

As a goodwill gesture, Trump should bring the el presidente de mexico a taco salad from Trump Tower. I've read the best taco salads come from Trump Tower. It would blow el presidente's mind.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2016, 09:36:21 AM
Being bored by the same lame shit over and over again will be annoying. I just figure that perhaps if I give Marty a hint that I would appreciate some thoughts of actual substance he will eventually stop being a fucking tiresome idiotic dumbass and actually use his brain again perhaps he will come around.

I just think you guys need to chillax.  You're going to get your precious Hillary in the White House.  Someone challenging your groupthink shouldn't bother you.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2016, 10:54:40 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2016, 09:36:21 AM

I just think you guys need to chillax.  You're going to get your precious Hillary in the White House.  Someone challenging your groupthink shouldn't bother you.

That is not it. If somebody wants to challenge my actual thoughts on the matter sure. But it is just childish nonsense.

And this does not challenge my groupthink. The few times I have heard Hillary discuss her policy things I am generally not particularly happy. All I can hope is that she, like Obama before, is lying. It worked out one time :P

Yeah I got to apologize. I just hate Presidential elections in general. They are horrible. And this one is the worst ever. Just endless nonsense.

Sorry Marty it is not your fault our politics has been reduced to this. I do hate being constantly reminded of it.

Valmy

Which begs the question: Valmy why then click on this thread? Compulsive Languish-itis. Stupidity. Masochism  :Embarrass: