News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on August 17, 2016, 06:23:39 AM

Pinning her own farcical corruption and incompetence on Trump is the correct way to win this election.  :hmm:  ^_^

Don't be like that my friend. Hilary can't win! She just can't! If you just look at the unskewed polls it shows Trump is WINNING all the battleground states and THEN some. Don't pay attention to the lamestream media!!

Day One of President Trump will be sending Hillary to firing squad. LOCK HER UP

Also lol nothing matters this election lmao
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 17, 2016, 07:15:01 AM

Pinning her own farcical corruption and incompetence on Trump is the correct way to win this election.  :hmm:  ^_^

Don't be like that my friend. Hilary can't win! She just can't! If you just look at the unskewed polls it shows Trump is WINNING all the battleground states and THEN some. Don't pay attention to the lamestream media!!

Day One of President Trump will be sending Hillary to firing squad. LOCK HER UP

She is using much, much better persuasion than Trump since she ditched all that ineffective stuff about policy and experience and went pure fear. Trump as a crazy racist who's going to kill you in a nuclear holocaust is excellent and she now has a decent shot at the presidency provided she dosen't drop dead or liquify on stage during the debates.

For fun though, we'll keep faith in the God Emperor.  ^_^
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Trump effectively getting Breitbart to run his campaign is gold Jerry, gold.

Quote from: Legbiter on August 17, 2016, 07:27:20 AM

:P

This will be a spectacularly funny Death Ride to the finish line by the Trump campaign. I can't wait.  :cry:

Or I'll be rounded up by the local Trumpenstaffel the day after Trump wins the election for crimes of being brown. Who knows  :cool:

The Minsky Moment

I think I've unearthed the underlying problem from Trump.  It's from back when he was married to Marla Maples: http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/trump-ed-up-story-marla-denies-tale-fla-tryst-article-1.720766

I think there's a word that's sometimes used in this context, but I can't seem to recall what it is?  Jacob - can you help me out on this - what's that word?  An abbreviation will work just as well.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2016, 06:54:08 AM
It's good persuasion by the Clinton campaign to paint Trump as a Russian stooge when it's the Clintons who took money from them.

QuoteAs the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One's chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

Pinning her own farcical corruption and incompetence on Trump is the correct way to win this election.  :hmm: ^_^

:hmm:

I mean I think it is great that the media is looking into it as it is worth having light shining in on such matters but feels a bit weird to paint someone as a Russian stooge when you've no direct link and you don't actually see that person being all that excited about Russia (well apparently from that early juvenile effort to repair relations which was rebuffed).

QuoteIn a statement, Brian Fallon, a spokesman for Mrs. Clinton's presidential campaign, said no one "has ever produced a shred of evidence supporting the theory that Hillary Clinton ever took action as secretary of state to support the interests of donors to the Clinton Foundation." He emphasized that multiple United States agencies, as well as the Canadian government, had signed off on the deal and that, in general, such matters were handled at a level below the secretary. "To suggest the State Department, under then-Secretary Clinton, exerted undue influence in the U.S. government's review of the sale of Uranium One is utterly baseless," he added.

I'm sure they'll find something from that news story last year.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

I'm glad that people are finally seeing the emptiness that is Rudy Giuliani.  I was really afraid for a while in 2008 election season, when it seemed like he was the favorite to win the GOP nomination.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on August 17, 2016, 10:06:40 AM
I'm glad that people are finally seeing the emptiness that is Rudy Giuliani.  I was really afraid for a while in 2008 election season, when it seemed like he was the favorite to win the GOP nomination.

He saved New York though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 17, 2016, 08:13:40 AM
Trump effectively getting Breitbart to run his campaign is gold Jerry, gold.

Quote from: Legbiter on August 17, 2016, 07:27:20 AM

:P

This will be a spectacularly funny Death Ride to the finish line by the Trump campaign. I can't wait.  :cry:

Or I'll be rounded up by the local Trumpenstaffel the day after Trump wins the election for crimes of being brown. Who knows  :cool:

BUILD THE WALL
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: DGuller on August 17, 2016, 10:06:40 AM

The man is insane and he will be one of the first to be walked up to the guillotine when the Rs purge themselves after the election.

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 17, 2016, 06:04:23 AM
They're getting even more desperate now, aren't they?

He's going to lose to the weakest Democratic candidate since Walter Mondale.  Hell, maybe since Stephen A. Douglas.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on August 17, 2016, 06:13:14 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 17, 2016, 05:45:25 AM
I remember reading articles about how senior Republicans hoped having Rudy on the trail would have a calming influence on Trump and the campaign. And then I wondered to myself, do these people know anything about Rudy Giuliani?

Trump has reorganised him campaign again. The executive chairman of Breitbart has now been appointed chief executive of the campaign. There is something sort of admirable about him doubling down.

In no time Milo will be Trump's official chief of staff. :D
Here's the instant twitter reaction of Robert Costa (one of the best journalists on the GOP and, if you're ever interested, Wisconsin politics):
Just spoke to someone who is close to Trump. Bannon has reportedly lit a fire with Trump...
Bannon has convinced Trump that rest of campaign needs to be bare-knuckles brawl, w/ full-bore populism/movement politics
Huge rallies. Gloves off. Brutal fights with Clinton. Heavy emphasis on nationalism and populism. That's the Bannon strategy.
What I hear: Bannon's calculation is that Trump can still win but only if he is truly seen as "change," as "the total outsider"
For Bannon, this is a career moment. He embraced Palin and populism, made Breitbart the HQ for what would become Trumpism.
When I was with Bannon years ago in Pella, Iowa, with Palin, he predicted populism would take over GOP. Some people chuckled. He did not.
What I'm learning.. Kellyanne figured out the Trump code: communicate with him through polls and trends, as if you're talking TV ratings

What's amazing is that Trump apparently thinks the problem with his campaign so far is that he's been too boxed in. Some would say it's things like giving a comparatively well received speech from a text and then eight hours, in time to overtake it on the morning news shows, announcing a big, controversial staff reshuffle :lol:

Costa's WP piece:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08/17/trump-reshuffles-staff-in-his-own-image/?postshare=2331471424008277&tid=ss_tw
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Oh god, that turns me on. Full nationalist.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

There's a certain logic.  He can't be managed or contained anyway.  Might as well try to shoot the moon.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

I'm looking forward to Donnie calling Clinton a bitch/cunt, to her face, during the debates.