News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Republicans: Tea-Party and not Tea Party

Started by Jacob, April 30, 2013, 06:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2013, 06:47:44 PM
I don't understand. Didn't the Tea Party get smacked down in the last election? If they are the dominant type of Republican, why didn't more Tea Party candidates get elected / stick around?  Or is the notion that Dems outnumber the Tea Party repubs in key places so it doesn't matter?
They got smacked down by Democrats and everyone else. My impression was that they won a significant number of primaries at the general they won some and lost others, and that they won a large number of safe-ish House seats. When they were against fellow Republicans, or being voted on by them, they did well. Not so much when they faced the general electorate and real opponents.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Only if it is from Derspicy cold, dead hands. :ph34r:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 07:51:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 07:46:44 PM
Somebody tell Hansy I want my old party back.

COME AND TAKE IT

Now see, that's not the way to go.  That's not right, man.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 30, 2013, 06:09:50 PM
Quote...it is likely that the Tea Party will continue to be a major, often dominant, force within the Republican Party.

And thus it is likely that there will be no Republican President for years to come?

No.  The Tea Party was a populist backlash.  They were only vaguely and weakly "for" things, but they were specifically and strongly "against" things.  I imagine one of their major beefs with the GOP was that it wasn't doing enough to stop Obama.  Rest assured they will be voting for a Republican Presidential canidate next time around, if only to vote against a Democrat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 07:46:44 PM
Somebody tell Hansy I want my old party back.
The problem is that the electorate is too stupid, and the Republicans are too sophisticated.  The Tea Party offers Republican voters simple, hateful solutions that they can understand.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 08:01:54 PM
The problem is that the electorate is too stupid, and the Republicans are too sophisticated.  The Tea Party offers Republican voters simple, hateful solutions that they can understand.

Well, until they figure it out, I'm playing against them.

See, that's what these monkeys around here misunderstand about me:  it's not that I'm pro-Democrat, I'm staunchly anti-Republican.  The fact that my anti-Republicanism seems to align with the modern Democrats is a coincidence.

But until I get back the party I was the fucking elected Vice Chairman of in my campus College Republicans (1989-1990) from the fetus fuckers, Libertariantards and the fruitcake Hansylogues, I will continue to work against it and root for all the black people, unions, women, Jews and gays that annoy the shit out of them until they finally come around, Gerald Fucking Ford style.

garbon

Ah that's cool. You stand for nothing but trying to make sure one side doesn't win.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I didn't leave the Republican Party, it left me.

katmai

Well can you blame them, just look at you!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Just the kind of motivation you'd expect to hear from a petulant child. That's all.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I was going to post hitler as my favorite kind of republican.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive