News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you like Led Zeppelin and/or Pink Floyd?

Started by Caliga, April 22, 2013, 04:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like Led Zeppelin and/or Pink Floyd?

Both
33 (68.8%)
Led Zeppelin only
5 (10.4%)
Pink Floyd only
4 (8.3%)
Neither
5 (10.4%)
Led Jaron
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

I've been a Floyd fan, and a huge one at that, for over 30 years. For some reason, though, I don't even own a Zeppelin album. I like Kashmir, and Achilles, and one or two more, but I never quite delved into them so much. I guess they're not really proggy.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

dps

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 22, 2013, 04:47:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 22, 2013, 04:36:23 PM
Both.  Zeppelin maybe slightly more.

Semi-related, in Argentina you're either a Beatles or Rolling Stones fan.  Never both.  If you like one you must hate the other.

If somebody asks me "Beatles or Stones?" I always answer "Zeppelin".

My answer to that question is usually, "The Who".

mongers

Same era, both British, but rather different, blues-rock vs prog-rock, secondary/grammar vs public schoolboys and so forth.   :bowler:

I like both, broadly equally, but for different reasons.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on April 22, 2013, 06:07:58 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 22, 2013, 05:15:13 PM
Love them both.

Tainted

I think anything in existence before Timmay was born can't be tainted; therefore is it any wonder that modern 'music' sucks so badly. 

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: dps on April 22, 2013, 05:53:10 PM
My answer to that question is usually, "The Who".
I've always loved The Who.  Tommy :wub:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Both, but Floyd vastly more.  I've only a passing interest in Zeppelin, but I'm a pretty huge Floyd fan.  It's a shame my discography didn't survive my old computer; all I've got left is Division Bell.  Perhaps that will be sufficient. :(

I will say that The Wall got me through a really tough day once.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

Both, though I came to Led Zeppelin later. Pretty much every school dance ended with "Stairway to Heaven."

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on April 22, 2013, 10:59:27 PM
Both, though I came to Led Zeppelin later. Pretty much every school dance ended with "Stairway to Heaven."

:lol:

QFT.