News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you like Led Zeppelin and/or Pink Floyd?

Started by Caliga, April 22, 2013, 04:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like Led Zeppelin and/or Pink Floyd?

Both
33 (68.8%)
Led Zeppelin only
5 (10.4%)
Pink Floyd only
4 (8.3%)
Neither
5 (10.4%)
Led Jaron
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Caliga

I was making a classic rock CD earlier for an upcoming car trip and got into a discussion with my bro about this.  For some reason I used to hate Led Zeppelin (don't recall why), but in the process of building out the playlist I threw some Zeppelin in there anyway.  Driving around @ lunch and listening to Kashmir, it kinda hammered itself into my head and now I can't get it out, which I think means that I like it.

I'm thinking for a while there was some kind of backlash against liking Zeppelin and so maybe I got sucked into that, or maybe it was the only angsty teenagers are allowed to like them.

I've always thought Pink Floyd was ok and have always loved Comfortably Numb, but think they might fall into the same 'only teenagers are allowed to like these guys' category.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Both.  Zeppelin maybe slightly more.

Semi-related, in Argentina you're either a Beatles or Rolling Stones fan.  Never both.  If you like one you must hate the other.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on April 22, 2013, 04:36:23 PM

Semi-related, in Argentina you're either a Beatles or Rolling Stones fan.  Never both.  If you like one you must hate the other.
I would be in the Stones camp, personally.  Brown Sugar  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

I guess I can understand that.  But I would vote both to that as well.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Quote from: Caliga on April 22, 2013, 04:32:27 PM
I was making a classic rock CD earlier for an upcoming car trip and got into a discussion with my bro about this.  For some reason I used to hate Led Zeppelin (don't recall why), but in the process of building out the playlist I threw some Zeppelin in there anyway.  Driving around @ lunch and listening to Kashmir, it kinda hammered itself into my head and now I can't get it out, which I think means that I like it.

I'm thinking for a while there was some kind of backlash against liking Zeppelin and so maybe I got sucked into that, or maybe it was the only angsty teenagers are allowed to like them.

I've always thought Pink Floyd was ok and have always loved Comfortably Numb, but think they might fall into the same 'only teenagers are allowed to like these guys' category.

I think both bands were good, but over-rated, and yeah, there's been a bit of a backlash from that, so now if anything both (especially Zeppelin) might be a bit under-rated.  That said, I like 'em both, but if I had to chose between them, I'd go with Zeppelin.

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on April 22, 2013, 04:32:27 PM

Try 'Achillies Last Stand' on the album 'Presence'.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

If somebody asks me "Beatles or Stones?" I always answer "Zeppelin".
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

katmai

Poll needs a Cal is a dunderhead option....:shifty:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point