Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2013, 02:37:23 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2013, 01:59:34 PM
:P

The Generic Aisle. :contract:
I knew what you meant. :sleep:

We used to call that the "No Frills" aisle.

It was the Cost Cutter aisle at Kroger.  And they had just about every type of product.  I remember delinquents hanging out at the baseball field smoking Cost Cutter cigs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 30, 2013, 02:33:02 PM
Max won't be a true American until he stops using Celsius.  :P
I'm not a "true American". I'm an American citizen and I'm not content to let my country fall behind the rest of the world like that.

garbon

I don't know anyone like racist Meri who calls it the black aisle. I do know about the black section though that just refers to the small set of black people hair products.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Actually do places actually have full aisles of store brand products? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Most supermercados I've been to just put them next to the name brands.  Here's your John Kerry ketchup, here's you store brand ketchup.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2013, 04:02:29 PM

I don't know anyone like racist Meri who calls it the black aisle. I do know about the black section though that just refers to the small set of black people hair products.

What the fuck are you talking about? :huh:

It was called the black and white aisle because it was ALL BLACK AND WHITE. Before you were born, generic was black and white.

For fuck's sake. :glare:

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Maximus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2013, 04:16:58 PM
Most supermercados I've been to just put them next to the name brands.  Here's your John Kerry ketchup, here's you store brand ketchup.
Yea that's my experience too. Never seen separate aisles for generics.

The Minsky Moment

Next Meri is going to make some comment about where to find the Oreos.

:D
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

merithyn

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 30, 2013, 04:20:24 PM
Next Meri is going to make some comment about where to find the Oreos.

:D

Well fuck. Sometimes black is just a fucking color!

Admiral Yi

Hey Meri, any advice on where to go for dead nigger storage? :)

Malthus

And thus, a new Languish Meme is born.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Admiral Yi

Lighten up Francis, it was a joke. :D

Berkut

Its funny how outraged the right was that people would use the Sandy Hook gun massacre as a reason to raise the issue of gun control. Yet those same people are ok with someone blowing up a bunch of people at a marathon to make really weak political points about immigration and...welfare?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Well, some of that outrage was just a simple coffee overdose.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM