big GOP masturbatory thread over Hillary's testimony today

Started by mongers, January 23, 2013, 06:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

You know, if Congress was so concerned about safety, they could have voted to fund additional security that the State Department asked for.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:06:02 PM
You know, if Congress was so concerned about safety, they could have voted to fund additional security that the State Department asked for.

You made it to Talking Point #3.  Congrats!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 08:04:44 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:01:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:57:28 PM
Quote from: sbr on January 23, 2013, 07:49:04 PM
Why does there have to be negligence involved in this particular terrorist attack?

EDITED TO AVOID SILLY ARGUMENTS.

Seems pretty obvious to me.  Ambassador Stevens had expressed concerns about security prior to the attacks.  He had requested additional security.  He ended up getting hit on the 10th anniversary of 9/11/02 (when I would think you'd beef up security by default) and had just two guys to protect him at the time.  Seems like there was negligence somewhere on someone's part.

Well if it seems obvious to you, I suppose that you are the one negligent.  You didn't warn the correct authorities.

You forget your meds today?

No, it wasn't obvious to anyone else at the time, how come it was obvious to you at the time?  You keep overstepping yourself on this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 08:08:00 PM

No, I just watched the hearings.  Got an answer for that one slick?  Or my previous questions for you?  What did Rand Paul and John McCain prove that made you so happy? 

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:09:37 PM
Why does there have to be negligence involved in this particular terrorist attack?

Seems pretty obvious to me.  Ambassador Stevens had expressed concerns about security prior to the attacks.  He had requested additional security.  He ended up getting hit on the 10th anniversary of 9/11/02 (when I would think you'd beef up security by default) and had just two guys to protect him at the time.  Seems like there was negligence somewhere on someone's part.

Well if it seems obvious to you, I suppose that you are the one negligent.  You didn't warn the correct authorities.

No, it wasn't obvious to anyone else at the time, how come it was obvious to you at the time?  You keep overstepping yourself on this.

Stop it with that childish crap.  Of course it wasn't obvious to me prior to the attack-- I'm not employed by the DoS.  But it was obvious to Ambassador Stevens that security was lacking.  And in retrospect it should be obvious to all of us that the ball was dropped somewhere. 

Your unquestioning devotion to this administration is really troubling.  I sure as shit wouldn't be pretending nothing happened if this had occurred during a GOP administration-- goes without saying that you wouldn't either.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:11:17 PM

No, I just watched the hearings.  Got an answer for that one slick?  Or my previous questions for you?  What did Rand Paul and John McCain prove that made you so happy? 

Prove?  When did I say they proved something?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 08:16:58 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:11:17 PM

Prove?  When did I say they proved something?

Okay, then what was the point?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 08:15:54 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:09:37 PM

Stop it with that childish crap.  Of course it wasn't obvious to me prior to the attack-- I'm not employed by the DoS.  But it was obvious to Ambassador Stevens that security was lacking.  And in retrospect it should be obvious to all of us that the ball was dropped somewhere. 

Your unquestioning devotion to this administration is really troubling.  I sure as shit wouldn't be pretending nothing happened if this had occurred during a GOP administration-- goes without saying that you wouldn't either.

What kind of security would have been sufficient?  Is that man suppose to travel around with a private army?  Your swallowing of any criticism of this administration is troubling. But like you said, it's like the 1990's.  I suppose anything said against a Democratic President is okay.  No conspiracy theory too grand.

What about when the high up UN official was killed in Iraq back in 2003?  Were you demanding hearings on why the US couldn't protect UN staff in a country that it was supposed to be running?  Or did you pretend nothing had happened and forgot about it?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Well something needed to.  You keep at it, and you'll have enough kids to populate a major metropolitan area.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:18:42 PM

Paul said he'd have removed her from her post, which was nice.  And McCain just flat out ripped her.  And she got in a little tirade of her own.  It was all great political theater, which is what these things usually are.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:30:34 PM
Well something needed to.  You keep at it, and you'll have enough kids to populate a major metropolitan area.

We will stand astride this world like a colossus.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 08:31:48 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:18:42 PM

Paul said he'd have removed her from her post, which was nice.  And McCain just flat out ripped her.  And she got in a little tirade of her own.  It was all great political theater, which is what these things usually are.

Okay, so they decided to have a big hearing about the deaths four Americans so you can be entertained?   I suspected as much, but thanks for answering that.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:28:07 PM
What kind of security would have been sufficient?  Is that man suppose to travel around with a private army?

In a place as volatile as Libya and on a 9/11 anniversary, yeah pretty much.

QuoteYour swallowing of any criticism of this administration is troubling.

I don't go along with all criticism, actually.  And like with the Clinton administration I'd love to find some things upon which I could agree with Obama.

QuoteBut like you said, it's like the 1990's.  I suppose anything said against a Democratic President is okay.  No conspiracy theory too grand.

Like the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy?  :lol:  I don't think there was a conspiracy with this Benghazi thing, just negligence and ineptitude.

QuoteWhat about when the high up UN official was killed in Iraq back in 2003?  Were you demanding hearings on why the US couldn't protect UN staff in a country that it was supposed to be running?  Or did you pretend nothing had happened and forgot about it?

:lol:  Is that all you could come up with?

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:35:33 PM
Okay, so they decided to have a big hearing about the deaths four Americans so you can be entertained?   I suspected as much, but thanks for answering that.

Oh, now the fact that 4 people died is a big deal to you.  Up until now you were acting like nothing happened.  We're making progress :hug: