The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2013, 07:58:21 PM
No Christian Ponder, they better hope AP can run wild, because they're not going to be able to throw worth a damn with Webb running the option.
It's not like Ponder was really that good.  Hell, the reason that AP is probably MVP is that he got his team to the playoffs in spite of Ponder.

As long as Webb doesn't throw 3 picks, he's not hurting their chances, which were slim anyways.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Well, this game is pretty ugly.  Who's next on the Vikings' depth chart?  Someone who can throw?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

No shit.  -2 yards passing the first half.  I don't think I've seen a ball within 2 yards of a Viking receiver.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 05, 2013, 08:06:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2013, 07:58:21 PM
No Christian Ponder, they better hope AP can run wild, because they're not going to be able to throw worth a damn with Webb running the option.
It's not like Ponder was really that good.  Hell, the reason that AP is probably MVP is that he got his team to the playoffs in spite of Ponder.

He'd have more than -2 yards passing right now.

Neil

Yeah.  I was like 'Ponder hasn't played that well, so I'm sure the backup can't be all that much worse'.  I was wrong, so very wrong.  Webb just keeps overthrowing guys by a mile or throwing it into the dirt five yards in front of them.  Webb really shouldn't be playing quarterback in the NFL, if this is what he has to offer.

MadBurgerMaker

I saw Webb throw a sort of jump pass into the ground five yards in front of his target, left to go get some beers, and....I guess it hasn't gotten much better.....

CountDeMoney

Nope, and at least twice he's thrown fadeaway jumper airballs in the process of getting sacked;  one of those is going to get run back.  Poor kid's in over his head.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2013, 09:38:26 PM
Nope, and at least twice he's thrown fadeaway jumper airballs in the process of getting sacked;  one of those is going to get run back.  Poor kid's in over his head.
Yeah, I think he got tuned up pretty good after the second one.  You could see him warming up to do it again just before the half, and then at the last second he stopped and just took the sack.

CountDeMoney

I'm sure the coaching staff reinforced the concept after the intentional grounding flag as well.  :lol:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2013, 09:38:26 PMfadeaway jumper airballs in the process of getting sacked

:blink: I'm gonna go looking for gifs now.

CountDeMoney

Neil

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

This game needs more Wendy's commercials with little hottie come-hither redheads that need to be punished with my Double Stack.

MadBurgerMaker

:lol: I like the calls Michaels is making on some of these passes by Webb.  "Goes deep annnnnnnd, hmm"