News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2013

Started by jimmy olsen, December 12, 2012, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

So I didn't post my prediction for game 5 here but I was pretty close.  I thought that Wainwright would pitch a decent game but the Cards would lose 2-1.  Tonight I'm predicting that Wacha will allow no more than 3 or 4 hits while he's in the game, but the Cards will still lose. 

Just don't pitch to Ortiz unless you absolutely have to, FFS.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on October 29, 2013, 11:34:34 AM
I think Tim was an alternate bat boy once.

He carried those bats on guts alone.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 30, 2013, 10:45:14 AM
Just don't pitch to Ortiz unless you absolutely have to, FFS.

That bat boy has a wicked swing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Yeah, maybe it is actually time to put Tim McCarver out to pasture. 

"The ball hit 'em in the arm, right where the padding is.  It probably hurts, but not as much as without the padding."
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

With the Cards' hitting so anemic in the series, a 3-0 deficit in this game is gonna require a miracle to overcome. 

Valmy

This game is rapidly becoming a coronation.  The Cards need some 2011 type magic here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

I switched over to the Cincinnati-Memphis game after the Red Sox went up 6-0.  Really thought Wacha would have another strong game & keep it close. 

Anyway, I can't be too disappointed.  I'm still basking in the afterglow of 2011.

Valmy

I was glad Workman got to pitch the 8th there, I was dreaming for a second he might close it out for the Sox.  I guess after 1986 they are not going to have anymore Longhorns close out any game sixes.

Congrats to the Red Sox, they pretty much dominated this season. 

fhdz

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2013, 11:14:58 PM
I was glad Workman got to pitch the 8th there, I was dreaming for a second he might close it out for the Sox.  I guess after 1986 they are not going to have anymore Longhorns close out any game sixes.

Congrats to the Red Sox, they pretty much dominated this season.

It's the beards.
and the horse you rode in on

Valmy

Yeah those beards were getting to be Civil War General sized.

"Now Pinch hitting for Boston: Lafayette McLaws"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Evil triumphed. Now we get to get bombarded with more shitty BAHSTAN STRONG bullshit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Thank GOD I don't live up there anymore.  Yesterday would have been another day where I wouldn't have been able to get home due to all the drunks and scumbags in front of Fenway blocking my way to the train station from my old office.  Today, I'd have to put up with a bunch of lowlifes running around shouting "RED SAWKS" at work instead of working.

Down here, nobody gives a shit. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 31, 2013, 06:44:47 AM
Thank GOD I don't live up there anymore.  Yesterday would have been another day where I wouldn't have been able to get home due to all the drunks and scumbags in front of Fenway blocking my way to the train station from my old office.  Today, I'd have to put up with a bunch of lowlifes running around shouting "RED SAWKS" at work instead of working.

Down here, nobody gives a shit. :showoff:

At least they wouldn't be swinging yellow washrags like Steeler scum.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive