News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV - Fall 2012

Started by viper37, September 06, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

She looks kinda like a caricature of Summer Glau.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Hey, gotta respect Lucy Liu, despite being only middling attractive she's managed to leverage her exoticness to be regarded as one of the hottest women in the world (or at least a few years ago she frequently got voted such)
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 30, 2012, 05:08:54 PM
Quote from: Viking on September 30, 2012, 04:55:50 PM
When is the last time you heard of an adult male saying that somebody is his best friend in any form of media?

When's the last time you heard of an adult male saying he loves Cheetos in any form of media? And why would that be something you'd remember?

Hank in Breaking Bad Season 4.

It was essential to the plot. His annoying missus had got him something else., that sounded like cheetos.

crazy canuck

What are Cheetos and what is the significance of a male adult liking them?

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 01:14:31 PM

I think ET was trying to flippantly suggest that what Viking highlighted as an issue (the scarcity of modern media images of males being best friends without being gay), isn't really an issue.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 01, 2012, 01:19:31 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 01:14:31 PM

I think ET was trying to flippantly suggest that what Viking highlighted as an issue (the scarcity of modern media images of males being best friends without being gay), isn't really an issue.

Ah, thanks.

Sahib

Quote from: Viking on September 30, 2012, 04:55:50 PM
When is the last time you heard of an adult male saying that somebody is his best friend in any form of media?

Scrubs, c. 2009
Community, c. 2012  :hmm:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

viper37

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2012, 03:52:30 PM
I am guessing somewhere in the Indian Ocean?  I don't buy it.
Close to Reunion island, but they didn't name it that way to avoid potential conflicts, I guess.  It's a fictional island.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zanza

Just watched the first episode of the new Dexter season. Certainly looks much, much more promising than the last two seasons.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2012, 08:19:32 PM
Quote from: frunk on September 30, 2012, 08:13:05 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 29, 2012, 03:21:45 PM
Lucy Liu is funky looking for an Asian chick.  The only one funkier-looking is that weirdo looking one from Gray's Anatomy, looks like that naked teen from the napalmed village photo from Vietnam.
Two decidedly unattractive Asian chicks.  Hottie? Nottie.

Devon Aoki is wierder looking than either one, although she's only half Japanese.

Yeah, she looks like a pug dog that's been walloped with a shovel to the snout.

Had to look her up, and you're 100% correct :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Gups on October 01, 2012, 12:08:52 PM
Hank in Breaking Bad Season 4.

It was essential to the plot. His annoying missus had got him something else., that sounded like cheetos.

:lol:

I remember that too, now that you mention it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on October 01, 2012, 01:43:17 PM
Just watched the first episode of the new Dexter season. Certainly looks much, much more promising than the last two seasons.

for sure. The tension between Dex and sister can make for a great season. Last couple have been found wanting.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Anyone picked up the Stephen King references in last night's Revolution?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

I gave up on that show after the revolutionary fire squad.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on October 02, 2012, 10:32:59 AM
Anyone picked up the Stephen King references in last night's Revolution?

The show seems like one big infomercial for the gun lobby in the US.  Not sure how much longer I will watch it.