News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Yeah, my guardian just facerolls everything. He can solo veteran mobs for example.

I'm looking forward to the mesmer game play.

frunk

Once I learned the professions I could solo veteran mobs up to two levels above with Ranger, Thief or Elementalist.  Never got the hang of Mesmer, felt even squishier than the Elementalist without the awesome AoE potential.  Haven't played enough of the others to have an opinion.

crazy canuck

Cecil, are you using the salvaging kits.

frunk

I picked up a new short bow last night, so I took it out for a spin this morning with my Ranger.  The bonus bleeds I got for flanking were awesome, and are tempting me to respec from criticals to conditions.

With each weapon set I find myself adopting a different playstyle.  Getting the skills unlocked is entirely separate from learning how they work together.  Long bow I want a long range battle always ready to retreat (or switch to a melee weapon).  Short bow I'm maneuvering around the target trying to get flanking shots.  Greatsword I go flying into groups laying waste to everybody.  Sword and dagger/axe is great for taking down a single target while evading around them.  I haven't explored main hand axe yet, or warhorn offhand.

frunk

Oh, one other problem I forgot about.  I had a lot a trouble getting a party together with a friend.  Between the overflow servers, getting kicked off the main and the "join x in y" button not working we never managed to be in the same place at the same time.

Grey Fox

I think I might be able to get my girlfriend to play this. I've been looking for a game we can play together.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Cecil

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 27, 2012, 10:58:00 AM
Cecil, are you using the salvaging kits.

Ofc I am. Cloth is just damn rare. Most of the trade spam I see is about people wanting to aquire Jute.

frunk

I've had enough jute.  I've struggled to scrape together the leather and inscription mats though.

crazy canuck

Tried out the necro and wow is that fun.  I really like the mechanics of this class.

Martinus

I'm really liking my mesmer - I guess it depends on the personal playstyle, but he is much more survivable than the elementalist (without being too easy like a guardian), as far as I am concerned - I guess if I had the presence of mind to switch attunements on the elementalist all the time it could be different. :P

Richard Hakluyt

How annoying  :mad:

My wife just got back from the festival she was at for the past few days, finally I'm free to have a solid session of GW2 and not the illicit half-hour or so when I'm supposed to looking after my kid..........so, naturally, I have my first failure to get logged in  :huh:

Meanwhile another bloody circumcision thread is sucking the life out of Languish...........

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 28, 2012, 10:13:43 AM
Meanwhile another bloody circumcision thread is sucking the life out of Languish...........

:lol:

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Yesterday I received as story quest reward one of those superspecial key to open one of my mystery boxes. It contained the usual stuff, plus another key which I used to open my final box . . . which contained another key.  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2012, 11:27:59 AM
Yesterday I received as story quest reward one of those superspecial key to open one of my mystery boxes. It contained the usual stuff, plus another key which I used to open my final box . . . which contained another key.  :lol:

I got that in the beta.  I opened up a stack of like 5 or 6 that way.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on August 28, 2012, 02:33:03 AM
I'm really liking my mesmer - I guess it depends on the personal playstyle, but he is much more survivable than the elementalist (without being too easy like a guardian), as far as I am concerned - I guess if I had the presence of mind to switch attunements on the elementalist all the time it could be different. :P

I think you are going to find that switching is an important part of the game, whether it be weapon switching or attunment switching.  With the necro it is weapon switching and switching in and out of wraith form at the appropriate time.