Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: frunk on August 30, 2012, 12:21:01 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 30, 2012, 11:48:54 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2012, 11:46:24 AM
So, what if Raz wants to get in on this action?

You give NcSoft 60$, they'll throw ~10gb of data your way & BOOM! GW2.

I'm on Henge of Denravi, although we're still in the free world switch period.  My username is frunkee.3962 for those that want to friend.

Didnt know we could switch servers.  I will do that tonight.

frunk

It sounds like the game is doing seriously well.  Here's an article with the company president.  It makes it sound like he's concerned that in the short term they could sell too many copies, such that the gameplay experience would be negatively affected.  I'm impressed he even cares.

Going by xfire, GW2 had four times as many hours logged yesterday than WoW.  Even more telling is the drop in WoW daily logged time from 40-60,000 hours over the past month to 20,000 hours.  We'll see if this continues, and obviously MoP is the real test.  I wish xfire had longer term stats to compare with other major MMO releases, and of course that their sample size was bigger (not that I would install it).

Faeelin

I bought it. Sucks to be Bioware.

frunk

Arenanet has a fairly strict policy on language in general chat.  The have a reddit for people who were suspended/banned and want to find out why.

This is the funniest one so far:

Quote from: NeurologicalDisorderi would LOVE to re-read what 'Neurologic' was banned for. after that suspension's over i'mma drop some money into gems for more bankspace, because i had bank issued at bloody level 8 already :P

Quote from: ArenaNetSupportTeamName: OK Chat: Not ok -- Neurologic: "the worm IS fucking hard if you're a fucking mentalpatient no we fucking dont you can take a keep with 5 people if you're not a fucking dickhead"

Quote from: masterx25I don't even understand what he said.

Quote from: yolo_translatorThe worm that we are fighting is incredibly easy. Clearly you are having issues which may be related to a medical condition you are suffering from. Also it is easy to take over a keep in game if you are friendly to other people and know how to get along.

frunk

QuoteHi my name was verybigballsackk, on server darkhaven (human male elementalist)

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I WAS BANNED FOR =D

THANKS ARENANET

Richard Hakluyt

Meh, another small patch and now I can't log in. The game hasn't quite settled down yet, especially in peak hours. I'm also spending a lot of time in an overflow server, which is not a problem when learning the ropes but will become one when trying to get into the community.

I'm at Piken square btw,  user name is Pete.5276

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 30, 2012, 12:33:39 PM
Quote from: frunk on August 30, 2012, 12:21:01 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 30, 2012, 11:48:54 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2012, 11:46:24 AM
So, what if Raz wants to get in on this action?

You give NcSoft 60$, they'll throw ~10gb of data your way & BOOM! GW2.

I'm on Henge of Denravi, although we're still in the free world switch period.  My username is frunkee.3962 for those that want to friend.

Didnt know we could switch servers.  I will do that tonight.

Why you gotta hurt me like that?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

:lol:

We should all pick a server and jump on it.

Berkut

Sigh. I thought I said that days ago?

So it looks like you only get to be on one server - I was just going to try creating a character on Henge, but it took me to the transfer UI when I tried to open that server.

I am currently on Tarnished Coast. I do think we should all pick a single server and move there.

I am Berkut.2709
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Richard Hakluyt

Added Berkut and Frunk in-game as friends. Berkut, you are online but not responding to my pm, I issued a party invite to you.....it would be interesting to see if we could team up.

Martinus

Im gonna add you guys but logging off soon. Btw there is going to be a feature implemented soon where you can play with people on different servers.

Richard Hakluyt

That would be brilliant  :cool:

I spoke to Berkut in-game and we formed a party but couldn't get to the same place..........though he was "working"  :P

It's looking hopeful that it mightn't really matter if we are on different servers.................though we won't be able to form a guild of course.

Martinus

Added both of you guys.  :cool:

Since moving between servers is free for now we may nonetheless decide to move to a single server. It seems Pete and I are on the same server, dunno about other Yuros. The only concern is that US servers may be laggy for us Euros and vice versa but I guess we can always move back if they are. :P

sbr

Dammit.  I just bought this.