Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook?

Started by garbon, July 25, 2012, 01:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 01, 2012, 01:51:16 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 01, 2012, 01:48:14 PM
Quote from: Josephus on August 01, 2012, 01:47:04 PM
chick-fil-A sounds like  a horrible name for a restaurant.

It is also a horrible restaurant IMO.  But it used to be a Languish meme related to Fahdiz....I think.  What was that about anybody remember?

Don't make me drive to Austin and punch you in the nuts.

Valmy - the joke was that Fahdiz loved Chik-Fil-A, but there were none in Portland.  Ed would periodically post to say he was eating at Chik-Fil-A in order to taunt Fahdiz.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 01, 2012, 02:36:55 PM
Valmy - the joke was that Fahdiz loved Chik-Fil-A, but there were none in Portland.  Ed would periodically post to say he was eating at Chik-Fil-A in order to taunt Fahdiz.

Ah yeah I knew it was something like that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 01, 2012, 02:35:53 PM
Quote from: dps on August 01, 2012, 02:29:56 PM
The ones who make a stink about things are often akin to football players at certain major football powers--they're students in name only.

Um football players not only get entrance standards waived and get full scholarship rides they have to spend like 60 hours a week on football.  Pretty sure activists neither get their entrance standards wavied nor get full scholarship rides and it certainly does not take 60 hours a week to make a stink about something.  So I have a hard time seeing what you are basing that on.

Back when I was involved in student politics the "activist" types tended to be in grad programs that never ended, and thus had lots of time to pick on causes such as this.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

katmai

I was gonna post Tonight Everybody gets laid! But then figured no one would get the joke
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on August 01, 2012, 02:49:02 PM
I was gonna post Tonight Everybody gets laid! But then figured no one would get the joke

:)

I'll call you Droz.

dps

Quote from: Barrister on August 01, 2012, 02:38:29 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 01, 2012, 02:35:53 PM
Quote from: dps on August 01, 2012, 02:29:56 PM
The ones who make a stink about things are often akin to football players at certain major football powers--they're students in name only.

Um football players not only get entrance standards waived and get full scholarship rides they have to spend like 60 hours a week on football.  Pretty sure activists neither get their entrance standards wavied nor get full scholarship rides and it certainly does not take 60 hours a week to make a stink about something.  So I have a hard time seeing what you are basing that on.

Back when I was involved in student politics the "activist" types tended to be in grad programs that never ended, and thus had lots of time to pick on causes such as this.

There werent' a lot of activist types at my school, but the ones that were there tended to not show up for class very much.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Chick-Fil-As Across The Country Are Absolutely Jam-Packed

By all early accounts, Gov. Mike Huckabee's "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" seems like a wild success.

Conservatives are lining up in droves. Former Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum is offering his support and urging supporters to visit a restaurant. One Wendy's franchise owner expressed his support for Chick-fil-A at a North Carolina Wendy's. 

Chick-fil-A originally incurred a backlash when COO Dan Cathy affirmed in an interview that the company did not support gay marriage.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit," Cathy said.

Some mayors around the country — including Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino — have publicly supported the boycott of Chick-fil-A.

According to its Facebook event page, more than 630,000 people planned to go to Chick-fil-A today.

Many of them took to Twitter and Instagram to document the craziness. As of this writing, there were almost 60,000 Instagram photos tagged with #chickfila.

http://www.businessinsider.com/chick-fil-a-appreciation-day-photos-conservatives-mike-huckabee-rick-santorum-2012-8
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Not surprising at all.  There are enough anti-Gay people out there to fill a fast food chain.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Faeelin

Quote from: Valmy on August 01, 2012, 03:33:09 PM
Not surprising at all.  There are enough anti-Gay people out there to fill a fast food chain.

That's true. I mean her argument  is popular in the states where Chick Fila is; that Texans line up to oppose gay marriage doesn't shock me.

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on August 01, 2012, 03:40:44 PM
That's true. I mean her argument  is popular in the states where Chick Fila is; that Texans line up to oppose gay marriage doesn't shock me.

Yeah they were all packed for lunch today.  I LOL'd.  Shorter line at Wendy's for me.

garbon

I'm not sure that social media is the best way to judge this as far as the metrics they called out.  600,000 is a high number but of those who clicked attend but then will actually go? Also, 60,000 photos would only be interesting if a) those were posted in the last few days or at least since the remarks came out and then b) all the tagged photos were of people celebrating the fast food chain which when I took a quick look wasn't the case.

The anecdotal comments about packed locales seem more compelling.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.