Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook?

Started by garbon, July 25, 2012, 01:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 26, 2012, 06:49:41 PM
The regular Chik-Fil-A sandwich is pretty good, though the stark saucelessness of the sandwich is off-putting at first exposure.

They give you barbecue sauce packets to put on it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 26, 2012, 06:53:00 PM
They give you barbecue sauce packets to put on it.

Do they scream at you and predict you will burn in a sea of fire if you sully their samwich with barbeque sauce, or do they hand them right over?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

I don't want to fuck around with their shitty packets anyways.  You wanna sell me a chicken sandwich, you either sauce it or you don't.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 26, 2012, 06:49:41 PM
The regular Chik-Fil-A sandwich is pretty good, though the stark saucelessness of the sandwich is off-putting at first exposure.  Only ever had that and those little fried chicken sweet rolls on the breakfast menu, which I remember being really delicious.  Chiken Minis, maybe?
Correct... and I always put mayo on my chik-fil-a sammiches.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

MadImmortalMan

It's better than going the other direction like Carl's Jr. I want to eat my sandwich, not drink it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on July 26, 2012, 05:13:57 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 11:23:14 PM
Also Californian Mexican/Tex-Mex is better than anything Mexico produced on its own.
Although I like Tex-Mex cuisine, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this.  I'm not sure I know what 'Californian Mexican' is unless you're talking about giant SF-style burritos, but authentic Mexican food is one of the world's great cuisines IMO.

tex-mex to me means Nachos, Chili, Chimichanga's, Cheddar Cheese and fajitas. While okay compared to the Mole sauce dishes, Birria, Cochinita pibil along with the cheeses of mexico are frankly better.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Gups on July 26, 2012, 05:39:48 AM
I spent three weeks in Mexico a while ago and TBH got bored shitless with the food. Everywhere seemed to offer the same few dishes. This was all in the Yucatan and Mexico City, might be different to the cuisine further north.

Northern dishes are bigger on grilled meats ala Carne Asada, but not sure what exactly you were seeing.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Had Five Guy for the first time the other day.  Pretty good.

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 26, 2012, 08:44:26 PM
Had Five Guy for the first time the other day.  Pretty good.
:thumbsup:

I like the comparable chain The Habit Burger out in Cali. a little better, in part because you can get avocado on your burger. :mmm:

sbr

Caliga

Avocado makes everything that's delicious even more delicious.

jimmy olsen

What's the big deal? I mean who hasn't...

I mean Absolutely Appalling!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

Why does putting avocado on something automatically make it a California something?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers